CaChars

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
JCCyC

CaChars

Post by JCCyC »

New version in source control has 64x24 character I/O working OK now. Next up: sculpting a 3x7 character set so it look nicer. #SuperColorWriterFeelings

Get it by SVN: svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cachars/code/trunk <your-dir>

Project page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cachars/

Builds under Linux. Needs LWTOOLS and Toolshed.
Dantyr

Re: CaChars

Post by Dantyr »

It will work under Dragon or just for CoCo ?

Daniel
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Dantyr wrote:It will work under Dragon or just for CoCo ?

Daniel
GOOD question! The disk image generated on build is DECB, but it should be easy to use the Toolshed tools (which I'm just now starting to get familiar with) to create a CAS or Dragon disk image.

Hmmm, I use lots of CB/ECB hooks. It's possible it'll need adaptations.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here is a copy of Cachars which I have modified for use on the Dragon 32 and 64. This is a beta test version for the Dragon 32, 64, and 200. Please test it carefully, and let me know if you find any bugs. I will pass on the source code and a non-beta version of the program to Juan if no bugs are reported over the next few days.

Instructions:
(1) Enter CLEAR200,&H6FFF before loading.
(2) Enter CLOADM to load CACHARS from cassette.
(3) Enter PMODE4,1:SCREEN1,0:EXEC to start the program. (You can also use SCREEN1,1)

This is a beta test version only. Please do not distribute outside of these forums.

Regards,
Steve

EDIT: Archive updated 6th Dec, 2012 at 4:00 pm. The following changes were made:

(1) Fixed a serious bug (carried over from the original CoCo version) which interfered with the operation of RENUM, GET/PUT, and Function Assignment.

(2) The CLS routine was modified.

EDIT: Attachment removed. The source code for the Dragon version has now been sent to Juan Castro.
Last edited by zephyr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

zephyr wrote:Here is a copy of Cachars which I have modified for use on the Dragon 32 and 64. This is a beta test version for the Dragon 32, 64, and 200. Please test it carefully, and let me know if you find any bugs. I will pass on the source code and a non-beta version of the program to Juan if no bugs are reported over the next few days.

Instructions:
(1) Enter CLEAR200,&H6FFF before loading.
(2) Enter CLOADM to load CACHARS from cassette.
(3) Enter PMODE4,1:SCREEN1,0:EXEC to start the program. (You can also use SCREEN1,1)

This is a beta test version only. Please do not distribute outside of these forums.

Regards,
Steve

EDIT: Archive updated 6th Dec, 2012 at 4:00 pm. The following changes were made:

(1) Fixed a serious bug (carried over from the original CoCo version) which interfered with the operation of RENUM, GET/PUT, and Function Assignment.

(2) The CLS routine was modified.
Whoa! Can you pass me the output of "svn diff"?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have sent you the source code for the bug fix so you can apply it to the CoCo version. I will send you the full source code for the Dragon version in a few days.

Regards,
Steve
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have just sent you the full source code via Email.

Regards,
Steve
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Finally incorporated your changes. I have the most sincere illusion that the most recent version of the code should be compatible with all CoCos AND Dragons. I'm downloading the tools necesssary to create Dragon disk images as I type.
zephyr wrote:I have just sent you the full source code via Email.

Regards,
Steve
Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

JCCyC wrote:Finally incorporated your changes. I have the most sincere illusion that the most recent version of the code should be compatible with all CoCos AND Dragons. I'm downloading the tools necesssary to create Dragon disk images as I type.
Hey, please do a WAV file for me to test on the Color64. :roll:

Daniel
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Well, I managed to manually bash together a DragonDOS binary with a hex editor and these two pages:

http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/manual/x24.html
http://dragon32.info/info/binformt.html

I created the disk image with DragonTools, which I got to run on CentOS 6 by compiling Mono 3.0 from sources.

Clearly, the whole process could use some improvement. But anyhoo, here's the disk image. Just type RUN"CACHARS" and be happy. Or not.
drcachars.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 264 times