XRoar 0.28 available

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: XRoar 0.28 available

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:
zephyr wrote: Ciaran, I notice that you have released two snapshot versions since. What changes did you make after the release of 20120922?
A few bits and bobs but the biggest work in progress (and I stress that it is *horribly* incomplete) would be the -machine-cpu option.
Excellent (Hitachi 6309)! :D Hope it will be completed very soon...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote:Excellent (Hitachi 6309)! :D Hope it will be completed very soon...
Well, in the latest snapshot, the instruction set is complete, but untested so probably very buggy - I look at my DIVD/DIVQ implementations with particular disdain ;) When I get a real part, I'll start comparing behaviour.

..ciaran
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote: Well, in the latest snapshot, the instruction set is complete, but untested so probably very buggy - I look at my DIVD/DIVQ implementations with particular disdain ;) When I get a real part, I'll start comparing behaviour.
After 30 years I would have thought that ALL members had at least one Dragon (or CoCo) with a HD63C09E processor fitted! :o
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote:
sixxie wrote: When I get a real part, I'll start comparing behaviour.
After 30 years I would have thought that ALL members had at least one Dragon (or CoCo) with a HD63C09E processor fitted! :o
Well I've been interested in them since I happened across the data however many years ago, but never saw what seemed like a reliable source. There are one or two making their way to me now though.

Anyway, although it's fun to extend the capabilities, my usual interest is in what could have been possible on the original hardware, which is probably why I didn't try quite as hard as a might have in the past to find one :)

It also seems to be the position of most other people, as I've failed to find any code that makes use of it - I wanted a test case! There isn't even a build of NitrOS-9 Level 1 for the 6309... It's looking horribly like I'm going to have to finally add CoCo 3 support to XRoar in order to test it properly (and I've always said the CoCo 3 was "cheating" too, as it wasn't released in this country... ;) )
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

At the request of someone on IRC, I've added support for the so-called "becker port" or "boisey interface". The Windows-specific code seems to work under Wine, but is otherwise untested.

With the appropriate ROM (only exists for CoCo at the moment), you can connect to a Drivewire server over IP for virtual disk access. The support is currently implemented as a cartridge however, so it doesn't coexist with RSDOS. Start with "-cart becker". Configure with "-becker-ip HOST" and "-becker-port PORT", though the defaults are sensible for a locally running Drivewire server. At some point it'll probably be sensible to make the memory-mapped "port" configurable too, so it can coexist with DragonDOS.

Snapshot here as usual.

Patched CoCo DOS ROM that was sent to me for testing here.
ely

Post by ely »

Can someone please point me in the direction of how to get the GTK version of XRoar working? When I run it I just get an 0xc000007b error and seemingly this suggest I need to install GTK+but I'll be damned if I can figure that out. Any help greatly appreciated.