Dragon keyboards.

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
prime

Dragon keyboards.

Post by prime »

Hi all,

I've just received a Dragon 64, which has a low serial number (LT 001200 I think), seems never to have been opened by the tightness of the screws but had a Dragon 32 type keyboard fitted. Also the posts that the 64 keyboard would screw into looked like they have never had anything screwed into them.

Conversely my original Dragon 32 which I bought in 1984, just as Dragon Data went down the pan, had a Dragon 64 keyboard fitted from the factory, though it is the only 32 I have seen like this.

So it seems like there may have been a period when 32 keyboards where being fitted to 64s and a later period when 64 keyboards where being fitted to 32s.....

Cheers.

Phill.
Julian

Re: Dragon keyboards.

Post by Julian »

At least you have the opportunity to rectify the problem if you feel like correcting the oddities :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragon keyboards.

Post by admin »

Phill,

Not an uncommon situation - many early 64s came out with "32" keyboards - especially if they were done via the "upgrade" program.

As for a "64" keyboard in a D32 - maybe a factory fix - or just something cobbled together towards the end with bits they had in stock?
Simon Hardy