RTTY

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
wgoodf

RTTY

Post by wgoodf »

Not a request for the software as i have that, but any information on using it. I have recently been given a short wave radio so thought it would be fun to try and decode some radio teletype.
the .CAS file is labeled Grovesner Software BMKRTTY g4zqo 1984.

anyone used it of have any documentation?

cheers
wgoodf

Re: RTTY

Post by wgoodf »

well it took me a couple of years!
but i finally found the manual and got it working!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FEiboeXFI
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thank's for keeping us informed. I have just uploaded a couple of different copies of the program to the Uploads section along with the instruction manual. I'm looking forward to your write-up. :)

The RTTY CAS file you have linked to at http://www.dragon32universe.info/ can't currently be downloaded. Like most of what appear to be downloadable cas/wav software and html/pdf document files from that site, it just redirects to a page which invites you to buy a copy on DVD for £14, along with other Dragon software.
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

http://www.wickensonline.co.uk/retrocha ... n-summary/
I am "wgoodf" - third down i think.

Anyway - do you guys hang around the Retrochallenge?
I remember spamming about it a number of years ago, but i don't remember any Dragon crew entering. We do have a couple of CoCo guys that drop by that you might find interesting. John Linville this time around put together a Motorola SBC, very much the precursor to the CoCo and Dragon, same video chip, so it does look like a lost cousin. Worth checking out.
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

Sorry to see that DragonUniverse don't do downloads anymore either. Not quite the spirit of it all.
Oh well.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Oh wow, this takes me back. Probably my last, and easily most complex, project for the Dragon was an RTTY decoder. I got it working too - although not quite as slickly and realtime as the software on the Youtube demo.

In a burst of nostalgia, I'm off to eBay to find an bargain shortwave radio - so there must still be broadcasts in RTTY, even in the Internet age? Any tips on resources for finding them?

Cheers, Tony.
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

I think there are a number out there if your pole is big enough, however the best I got was the Hamburg weather station and the odd transmission from Faslane and the Dutch coastguard.
Fun for a couple of weeks play tho.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

It would be nice to have a copy of the Dragon 32 SSTV program (Grosvenor) in the archive as well.
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

Slow scan on the dragon! - Well, yes, that would be a treat indeed. I think that if that turned up i would actually have to get around to building a permanent thing in the attic. A wire aerial at my location just wasn't enough.