A complaint to Dragonplus Electronics

For the discussion of all hardware related topics.
dublevay

A complaint to Dragonplus Electronics

Post by dublevay »

Just don't need this... (from a Spanish customer... translated by Google).

"Good evening, I hope your health is going well.

Yesterday I received the Supergb after a long period of waiting and complaints. Today I decided to solder the components, problems:

1.- Where is the manual?

2.- components are missing (same as with the supersprite)

Let's see if you can help me and make the topic a little easier, because really, three products that I bought from you and with problems... for now the supersprite kept in a drawer, with no information and how poorly presented the topic is, Honestly, I've wasted my money and time.

Let's see if I have some luck and at once I can do something with what you sell me, since today everything is garbage, because nothing can be done with what you bought."

Has anyone else ever felt this way about any of my products that I've sold then? I am quite meticulous about making sure my kits are sent complete, and although I've missed the odd component here and there, it's minor, and is sorted quickly and easily. This guy however, seems to have stored up his complaints to suddenly tell me that three complete products are garbage. And I am really sure that it's clear that instructions are downloadable for SuperRGB!

I can understand some difficulties when buying from a foreign language site, but I've certainly not had this calibre of complaint before.

He bought two of the products around a year ago, and the SuperRGB in August. I've asked him why he believes that components are missing if he's not even managed to download the instructions!!??
pser1

Re: A complaint to Dragonplus Electronics

Post by pser1 »

Hi John,
you know I have almost bought all of your products and I have never, ever had a problem with any of them, so thanks a lot for making it easy for us!
I am not sure what has happened to this man, but he should have better explained to you what exact problem(s) he had encountered before writting such a comment like he wrote.
Well, we know that in ebay we risk to find bad sellers that do not send what they are selling and some buyers that just like to complain about
anything. Unfortunately the unfair ones make more noise than the good ones :-(
Keep on making such great devices for our computers!
cheers!
pere
wayland

Post by wayland »

If there are several problems no matter who's fault each one is then the whole deal seems like crap. I know it's unfair but usually if you can find a quick way of solving all the problems then all is forgiven. If the man has some competence then it would be possible to solve the problems simply by sending him ready built and tested boards. Obviously this would be at a loss but the fact you're having to go back and forth with the customer means it's already a loss of your time.

The way the PSU kit goes together with some parts missing means you don't realise you've missed out some vital parts. Obviously all the information is present if you go through it thoroughly enough. Who other than you does that?
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

wayland wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:29 pm If the man has some competence then it would be possible to solve the problems simply by sending him ready built and tested boards.

The way the PSU kit goes together with some parts missing means you don't realise you've missed out some vital parts. Obviously all the information is present if you go through it thoroughly enough. Who other than you does that?
The amount in question is around £200 of boards, including shipping, so there's no way I can afford such a gesture of goodwill - and as I've stated before, I no longer solder for other people since my health scare.

Regarding things not being obvious until after the instructions are read ... yes ... and that is why I spend hours, if not days, getting them right.

The fact that instructions are so obviously available on the website (many other similar vendors do not offer this), means that anyone can check the requirements before purchasing. In the case of people for whom English is not strong, this surely should either dissuade them from purchasing, or cause them to seek a friend who can assist?

To my mind, if someone cannot understand the text which says "download instructions here", then what chance do they have of following electronics assembly instructions?
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

pser1 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:41 am Hi John,
you know I have almost bought all of your products and I have never, ever had a problem with any of them, so thanks a lot for making it easy for us!
I am not sure what has happened to this man, but he should have better explained to you what exact problem(s) he had encountered before writting such a comment like he wrote.
Well, we know that in ebay we risk to find bad sellers that do not send what they are selling and some buyers that just like to complain about
anything. Unfortunately the unfair ones make more noise than the good ones :-(
Keep on making such great devices for our computers!
cheers!
pere
Thanks Pere. I might send you the original Spanish text, as it would be worth seeing if it sounds as rude to a native speaker as Google made it sound to me! Lol.

Fortunately this was not an ebay sale so that's one less problem, although in the instance of the purchases from over a year ago, I think they would probably reject any claims anyway.
Chakobsa

Post by Chakobsa »

I have purchased a few items recently to get back into the Dragon and it could not have been easier. Easy website and great instructions online.

Dont let 1 person get you down.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

You can send the original spanish text to me too, but I agree with the rest of the people here.

I know you, and your products and this whole complain seems way off.

Don't let this get you down!
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

Thanks to a very good Spanish friend of mine, some more truths have been uncovered regarding the supposed garbage that I am accused of selling.

Apparently my customer, having bought a SuperSprite board then bought a CocoSDC elsewhere. He found that they would not work together. So my customer was advised by the other seller to purchase one of my Oojamaflip boards with the pull up resistors. Unfortunately I did not have any available at the time, so he purchased the version without pullups. At no point did my customer ever ask me for advice. He just kept buying items. What he ought to really have done was buy the 6x09 pull up board, and then the SuperSprite and CocoSDC would work together just fine.

The upshot has been that the customer now blames everyone but himself, but for some inexplicable reason, although I allegedly sell garbage, he once again parted with his cash and bought SuperRGB which was delivered a week or so ago. Then, and only then he has decided to blame me for his problems.

Considering that he claims the supersprite is sitting in a drawer with missing parts, I find the fact that he has been trying to use it with a CocoSDC and Oojamaflip somewhat surprising.

Apparently the customer is well known on Telegram groups, and just buys things and complains. He is blacklisted by many sellers.

Many, many thanks to my Spanish friends for unravelling the truth about this guy. Its tempting to name him, but at this point I will not. I know he is on the Dragon Facebook group.

I am pleased that I did not simply offer the refund, which although it may be a well meaning resolution, sets a dangerous precedent and encourages further foul play from such customers.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Is the SuperRGB the one that you can connect to Phil's PSU board and make it output RGB?

If that's the case, I saw it in action at the meetup this past weekend, but I haven't seen it in your store.
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

Yes, it's currently available here: https://www.dragonplus-electronics.co.u ... computers/