MXT I/O Controller

For the discussion of all hardware related topics.
dublevay

Re: MXT I/O Controller

Post by dublevay »

The case looks like the vacuum formed type, and they do open fairly easily, by putting something very thin down that small join you can see and gently popping glue as you go - even a credit card might do it. But I do understand if you don't want to, as looks like you might have the only one remaining!!
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

I assume the outputs will all have the same ground point, so you could look to see which of the 16 output terminals are connected. Each alternate one on each side no doubt. Obviously not connected to the Dragon when testing. That might then allow you to work out which pairs are ports, and you could then connect one to an LED with a 220R resistor on series, and work out which port lights it up using a simple BASIC program.
centrespot

Post by centrespot »

dublevay wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:44 pm I assume the outputs will all have the same ground point, so you could look to see which of the 16 output terminals are connected. Each alternate one on each side no doubt. Obviously not connected to the Dragon when testing. That might then allow you to work out which pairs are ports, and you could then connect one to an LED with a 220R resistor on series, and work out which port lights it up using a simple BASIC program.
I did try using a stanley blade and managed to clear anything between the two parts but it must still be glued elsewhere, I'm guessing that the parts have pillars that push in to each other and over time they have stuck fast.
centrespot

Post by centrespot »

dublevay wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:44 pm I assume the outputs will all have the same ground point, so you could look to see which of the 16 output terminals are connected. Each alternate one on each side no doubt. Obviously not connected to the Dragon when testing. That might then allow you to work out which pairs are ports, and you could then connect one to an LED with a 220R resistor on series, and work out which port lights it up using a simple BASIC program.
I used a multi tester and plugged it in to a Dragon 32, there are 5v on every other pin (one side only) which must be the 4 relay outputs so the opposite side must be the 4 inputs.
At some point I will add switches and LED's to test it further.
centrespot

Post by centrespot »

robcfg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:49 pm That's excellent!

The process is really easy.

You just need to connect the audio cable for loading tapes on your Dragon, and connect the audio out jack to your PC's audio input, which is usually the light blue one.

Open Audacity, select the right input source and set the recording volume to something around 0.8.

On your Dragon type the following:

CSAVEM"MTXIO",&HC000,&HFFFF,&HC000 (Don't press Enter yet!)

Click the record button on Audacity and press Enter!

When the Dragon returns to the OK prompt, stop the recording and save as Wav (44100, 16 bit per sample is more than adequate).

Send me the file :mrgreen:
What sort of time would we be looking at if it was saving it to a cassette, I just needed to know how long it takes for the data to be transferred to Audacity.
I've started the process and it's already been 20mins
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

That's too long.

It should be at most a couple of minutes (give it 3 or 4 just in case).

Try repeating the process but with this call instead:
CSAVEM"MTXIO",&HC000,&HFEFF,&HC000

As reading from the last 256 byte block may cause it to hang because it's the I/O control block...
centrespot

Post by centrespot »

robcfg wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:07 pm That's too long.

It should be at most a couple of minutes (give it 3 or 4 just in case).

Try repeating the process but with this call instead:
CSAVEM"MTXIO",&HC000,&HFEFF,&HC000

As reading from the last 256 byte block may cause it to hang because it's the I/O control block...
Yes that sorted it, do you want me to attach the file here or message you instead.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

If the forum allows it, you can upload it here, if not, send me a link to it.

If needed I can provide you with an FTP address you can upload it to.

Thanks!
centrespot

Post by centrespot »

robcfg wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:11 pm If the forum allows it, you can upload it here, if not, send me a link to it.

If needed I can provide you with an FTP address you can upload it to.

Thanks!
Forum won't allow wav files, could you send me the ftp
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Done!

Check your PMs!