SuperSprite FM+ Sales Imminent

For the discussion of all hardware related topics.
dublevay

SuperSprite FM+ Sales Imminent

Post by dublevay »

Today I have been working on the product page for when the sales go live. I have decided to offer the product with options, allowing those that can build, or that already have a V9958 to reduce the cost somewhat. If people can buy boards without the V9958, it allows me to potentially supply more end users (I only have 18 V9958s at the moment).

I will be offering the board in three formats:
  • Fully Built - £125.
    Kit version - bare board - £85.
    Kit version - SMD components soldered - £90.
The CPLD is pre-programmed for all options.

Shipping is to be added in all cases. For overseas buyers, import fees and sales tax will be your responsibility. I will be looking to use eBid soon (waiting for them to enable their systems) to allow EU customers to pay their VAT via the IOSS system. Ebay is just too expensive to sell that way - it costs me 19% of the sale price to sell to Finland for example.
  • If you do not require a V9958, you can buy the board without - that will save you £10.
    If you want to upgrade to 192KB VRAM - that will add £5 to the cost.
As all options have to be gathered/assembled in some way, there will be a lead time in getting these out to people, and I will operate on a first come, first served basis.

Once I have completed the first board from this batch, I will announce a time when I will switch on sales on the website. The switch-on time will likely be around 8pm at night (date to be confirmed), British Summer Time (UTC +1), which I think will suit most regions who would have an interest in this device (UK, North America, Australia and New Zealand).

Sorry if this seems somewhat formal, but I need to make sure I can handle things properly, as there seems to be considerable interest from the CoCo users too.
dublevay

Re: SuperSprite FM+ Sales Imminent

Post by dublevay »

I am pleased to announce that I have built the first production board, and it works perfectly. Therefore I will be opening up sales of the first 18 boards (kit or built) at 9pm tomorrow (31st August) UK time (UTC +1).

As mentioned before, both kits or fully built boards will have a lead time of up to two weeks prior to dispatch, for me to collate kits or build boards. Orders will be handled on a first come first served basis.

The product page is https://www.dragonplus-electronics.co.u ... -computers.