Dragon PSU Boards

For the discussion of all hardware related topics.
dublevay

Dragon PSU Boards

Post by dublevay »

Hi - as some of you will be aware from the Facebook group, I have been asked, and have agreed - to make some of Phill's Dragon power boards. I forgot to ask on here as to whether people were interested, and pretty much all of the boards I can supply at the end of September are already reserved, however, I do plan to make some more when I get more of the main component in November.

During October - once the first batch are released, I will be asking if anyone wants these boards - and would require a deposit - but more details nearer the time. The kit form will be £29.50 + postage, and the built version will be £36.00 + postage, provided some of the main components do not creep up in price in the interim (I don't want to buy too many straight away!)

This Dragon PSU replaces the existing power board. It retains the video output socket - though it is replaced by an 8-pin DIN socket which can be used with an existing monitor socket for composite video, or with an original Sega Megadrive socket for RGBs video (if you also have an RGB board). The RF output is removed (hooray!). The PSU board requires a suitable 12V regulated mains adapter, which supplies between 1.5A and 3.5A. This adapter is NOT supplied.