Xroar

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
1982dragon1982

Xroar

Post by 1982dragon1982 »

Hello, I managed to get the Xroar emulator running without the checks and '@' symbols.

Tried everything I can think of to get the games onto it, still can't do it unfortunately.

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks Mike.
rolfmichelsen

Re: Xroar

Post by rolfmichelsen »

To insert a tape into the virtual tape recorder, press Ctrl-L in xroar and select a file with the .cas extension. Many examples can be downloaded from the downloads section. Then type CLOAD or CLOADM as appropriate at the Dragon prompt in xroar. This should get you started.

-- Rolf
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

rolfmichelsen wrote:To insert a tape into the virtual tape recorder, press Ctrl-L in xroar and select a file with the .cas extension.
You can also select wave (.wav) files.
rolfmichelsen wrote:Many examples can be downloaded from the downloads section. Then type CLOAD or CLOADM as appropriate at the Dragon prompt in xroar. This should get you started.

-- Rolf
Alternatively, you can try Ctrl-Shift-L to select a file, Xroar will then attempt to automatically load the file without you needing to type CLOAD or CLOADM.

Remember to keep the F12 key held down if you want to speed up the loading.
1982dragon1982

Post by 1982dragon1982 »

Thanks for the help guys.

I had read this in the instructions before but works now anyway. I think I wasn't unzipping them.
Some games even I/O error when loading so yes it's just like it used to be.

Regards Mike.