Copy Text from Xroar

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
megagarrym

Copy Text from Xroar

Post by megagarrym »

Hi All
I'm loving the new middle-button paste feature in the latest version of Xroar as I like to code in Notepad++ then paste it in to Xroar, or whatever I'm using. It seems to interpret 1s as lower case Ls, so a few edits are required which is no problem.
Is there a way to copy a BASIC program from Xroar and then paste in to a Windows text editor? Is there any other way to do it, It would be great to be able to print to pdf in xroar or something like that.
Cheers
Garry
sixxie

Re: Copy Text from Xroar

Post by sixxie »

Allowing text selections the other way around would be - well, not completely impossible, but probably less useful than it sounds.

For a start, maximum 16 lines at a time. Then how do you determine reliably when a line has ended rather than continued over to the next one?

Anyway, what you could try is running with "-lp-file <filename>" - and using LLIST - then you can "print" to a file (buffered output, flush with control+shift+p). That's my preferred way of getting listings out.
megagarrym

Re: Copy Text from Xroar

Post by megagarrym »

Hi Sixxie
This is brilliant!
I changed my Xroar shortcut to this...
"E:\Software\Emulators\Dragon 32 Emulator\xroar-1.4.1-w64\xroar.exe" -lp-file "C:\temp\printout.txt"

Then I loaded the program I wanted to 'print' and did the LLIST. The file then appeared in the folder as 0kb. I then hit ctrl+shift+p and the file size grew to a mighty 1kb, and I could open it in my text editor.

This is really useful to be able to write a program in a text editor and paste it in and then make minor tweaks in Xroar then get it back in to text editor for further development.

I am now adding you to the long list of people to whom I owe a pint. :D
Cheers
Garry