Games for 6309 equipped Dragons

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
lcurtisboyle

Re: Games for 6309 equipped Dragons

Post by lcurtisboyle »

Just want to mention - After NitrOS-9 Level II EOU Beta 6 (for the Coco 3) is released just before Christmas, I plan to patch some more games to takes some advantage of the 6309. I will pass them onto Pere (as before) so that he can tweak them as needed for the Dragon versions.
prime

Post by prime »

pser1 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm IndividualGamesFor6809-6309.zip
Pere you don't happen to have these as individual files in one of the following formats do you :
Mainly looking for the 6809 Color car action ones.....

1) As a Dragondos type file (e.g. one with a dragondos header, such as can be used by DragonMMC) but not on a VDK.
2) As a cas file.

Alternately is there a utility that can read Dragondos disks images and extract the files? e.g. like the os9 / decb utilities in toolshed.

Cheers.

Phill.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

prime wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 pm
pser1 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm IndividualGamesFor6809-6309.zip
Pere you don't happen to have these as individual files in one of the following formats do you :
Mainly looking for the 6809 Color car action ones.....
1) As a Dragondos type file (e.g. one with a dragondos header, such as can be used by DragonMMC) but not on a VDK.
2) As a cas file.
Alternately is there a utility that can read Dragondos disks images and extract the files? e.g. like the os9 / decb utilities in toolshed.
Cheers.
Phill.
Hi Phill,
tomorrow I will search among my PC folders, I am sure there should be the binary files in BIN format
that ultimately I added into the VDK
In case I couldn't find them, I will get the VDK and exatract the files with correct Dragon headers as binary files
that I hope you could convert into .cas files if needed
cheers
pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Phill,
I have been lucky enought to find them fast than expected ;-)
That game was complicated to convert due to its length.
I attach in the zip two folders, one for the 6809 version and another for the 6309 version of the game
Each folder has four files:
A binary for graphic mode artifacted PM4 and a convoluted basic loader/modifier
A binary for PM3 mode and its basic loader
Both basics use an old version of ML code that does a PCLEAR0, then it modifies the code at three points
where the game reads the joysticks so that they create NO noise on the Dragon. CoCo ROM is clever for that!
Finally it adds a small routine to silence output before reading joysticks at $01E0
and finally it execs the game from $f9a

So, I am sure you could use the binaries as they are to test MMC, because the changes the Basic does
are not modifying severely the game behaviour ...
Any question that could arise, just let me know and will try to be of help
cheers!
pere

Ps I have included a disassembled listing of the full game, you will see commented the points
where the CoCo calls the joystick and that 'new' code added to the end of the file ...
ColorCarAction.zip
(170.97 KiB) Downloaded 131 times