North-Sea Action

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
geirhovland

North-Sea Action

Post by geirhovland »

Hello all,

attached is the game North-Sea Action which I wrote in July 1988. I was 18 years old at the time, and this was my first and only game written with the Dream Assembler. The game was advertised and sold by Orange Software for 2 pound, I never earned a penny with it :) .

The game is now released to the public domain. I will make the assembly code available later.

regards,
Geir Hovland
Attachments
north-sea action(1988)(orange).zip
North-Sea Action CAS File
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Last edited by geirhovland on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samplefiend

Re: North-Sea Action

Post by samplefiend »

Wow!!!

Thanks for uploading your game Geir - i read the review of it in the dragon user pdf last week and was wondering where to find it. Looking forward to playing it later tonight. :-)

Thanks again for your generosity,

Craig xxx
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Great stuff! It's been some 20 years since I last played this game. The gameplay actually works pretty well even today.

-- Rolf
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Well, I got to level 2, but the line at the bottom proved too hard.

I've tested this on a real Dragon 64, and the hang you mention in the README occurs there too, in the same way: seems to start playing a note and never stop.
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Sixxie - Thanks for testing the file on a real Dragon 64. A corrected CAS file and a new README.txt have been uploaded in my initial message.

It is possible to play through all 9 screens, but it requires a bit of patience to wait for the right moment to go for the oil spots at the bottom of the screens.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Cool, was it just the loading method?

Edit: got to level 3 ;)
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

The first time I did not upload the final version of the game. The current version is the one which was sold by Orange Software.