All of my Basic games in one zip

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
jgerrie

Re: All of my Basic games in one zip

Post by jgerrie »

I recently created some new BASIC game programs for a 4K TRS-80 Color Computer 1 programming challenge organized by Allen Huffman. Details about the contest and my entries can be found on my blog:

http://jimgerrie.blogspot.ca/2015/01/4k ... ntest.html
http://jimgerrie.blogspot.ca/2015/01/re ... blitz.html

My blog entries includes specific instructions for playing the games, as the programs themselves generally lack much in the way of aid (4K is not much memory!). I have converted 4 of these to run on the Dragon and have added them to my compilation.

The four programs are:
LANDER4K.CAS
NBLITZ.CAS
R1.CAS (Rail: Switch the Railroad from a Commodore Pet game)
T1.CAS (Tetris)

R1 and T1 require that you also load immediately after running them their supporting data files R2.CAS and and T2.CAS respectively. Any feedback is welcome.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(662.09 KiB) Downloaded 666 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Working from a port I did for the TRS-80 MC-10 I've fixed up "Knights and Demons" for the Dragon. I've tried to improve the graphics so its a little less busy. I've also fixed up the prompts and messages a little (Don't thing the author was a native English speaker, but he did quite well--just added a few tweaks). Changed the keys to use the arrow keys and P for the "pikes" and Space key for the regular switching. Also used the TIMER function to keep more accurate track of time remaining. It's called KNIGHTS.CAS in my compilation.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(664.98 KiB) Downloaded 677 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Got another 4K game for you folks. It's called "Overtake". It's a car driving game. Left and right arrows to steer. Up and down arrows to accelerate or brake. You must go faster than 150 to score points, so keep that foot on the accelerator. But watch out for broken down cars and the sides of the track, because hitting them will knock your speed down. When you get to a distance of 50, the race is over.

I've included it in my Dragon compilation as OVERTAKE.CAS

I also recently ported Aardvark Software's "Mars Adventure" to MC-10. The code was taken from a TRS-80 Colour Computer listing found on the Color Computer archive. There were a number of bugs in the program:
- RND functions not handled properly (probably during conversion from another system's BASIC), prevented navigation of the random maze of passages and caused other problems
- Missing link to help subroutine
- "Get" and "Take" annoyingly handled as synonyms in most cases, except a few that are critical for solving the mystery
- Some misspellings and typos and non-hyphenations that effected solving
- Missing END statement in win routine prevented successful completion by simply dumping you back into the game via another subroutine
- Used my word-wrap routine to clean up the display and to prevent annoying scrolling of vital information for long lists of items

And I added a spectacular new graphic ending. Tested fine with Odd Magne Ogreid walkthrough from the CASA Solution Archive. Don't know if there is a Dragon version without these bugs, but if there isn't, try MARS.CAS
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(671.22 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Sorry to jump the gun. I've made a few more changes to MARS.CAS.

- to how items are handled (sign, water, helmet, harmonica, lighter, etc.)
- picking up and dropping didn't keep track of the number of items accurately
- some more misspellings
- title screen
- improved the help subroutine
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(671.32 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I've made some changes to my RAIDER.CAS program and added it to my compilation. It is sped up quite a bit, there are new objects to collect and some new sounds. Here's a vid:
https://youtu.be/m550V9Uc_UU
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(671.91 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I have created a port to the DRAGON (via MC-10) of the classic text adventure "Adventure A: Planet of Death" for the Sinclair ZX81/Spectrum. It is really a re-write in Micro Color BASIC. It should be fairly easily transferred to other Microsoft versions of BASIC. The file is called "POD.CAS". When you save games it creates a cassette file called "PODDATA". Any feedback is welcome. Video walkthrough can be watched here: https://youtu.be/hlQTlEoR5ko
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(682.38 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Sorry, I have a minor fix for POD. In line 1120 there should be a space after the variable NT to separate it from the THEN. It’s hard to locate all the places where the Dragon requires spaces and the MC-10 does not. I have fixed it in my compilation zip, which is attached. Also added a file "SPACEWAR.BAS" from a recent Reddit contest.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(682.38 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Sheboygan.png
Sheboygan.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 20548 times
I have created a new game for the Dragon. It’s my attempt to create a Color BASIC version of the classic Board game “The Creature that Ate Sheboygan.” The original game was designed by the brilliant board game designer Greg Costikyan. It's a little like the Epyx game "Crunch, Crumble, Chomp."

For a play-through (at the highest level) see:
https://youtu.be/pBsSUlI4JZ0
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(685.08 KiB) Downloaded 657 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I’ve done some final fine tuning to my simulation of “The Creature that Ate Sheboygan.” New version is attached.

Any feedback welcome.
Jim G.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(689.09 KiB) Downloaded 632 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I’ve created Dragon versions for a few of my latest programming efforts in BASIC for the MC-10:

MATRIX.CAS - The Matrix Rain Display - The Matrix can be run on an 8-Bit Computer!
LEMON.CAS - The Classic Apple II game "Lemonade Stand"
TRENCHFI.CAS - "Trench Fire" based on a game of the same name for the Commodore VIC20
TREKADV.CAS - Update of Aardvark Software's "Trek Adventure"
SHEBOYGN.CAS - Some updates to my BASIC version of the classic board game "The Monster that Ate Sheboygan"

Video walkthrough's can be seen at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BenevolentChum/videos

Any feedback welcome.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(702.13 KiB) Downloaded 681 times