All of my Basic games in one zip

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I have created .CAS versions that hopefully work properly on the Dragon of many of my favourite programs that I have created or ported to the MC-10 over the years. It is now in one ZIP file. These are the latest versions with all the little tweaks I've added up till now, although many of these are merely cosmetic. I've added the double speed and speed keys routines of Zephyr to most of them (the arcade ones a least). Any feedback or bug reports are much appreciated.
Attachments
dragon_jimgerrie.zip
Dragon versions of my favourite programs that I have created or ported to the MC-10 over the years
(411.66 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
Gareth_O'Flaherty

Re: All of my Basic games in one zip

Post by Gareth_O'Flaherty »

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's very much appreciated. It's great to see games still being ported to the Dragon.
Gareth.
Got my first Dragon 32 in 1983 (where does the time go??).
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Thanks Gareth. I got my MC-10 in 1983. If I'd been 3752.99k east it likely would've been a Dragon.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Gareth_O'Flaherty wrote:Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's very much appreciated. It's great to see games still being ported to the Dragon.
Gareth.
Same here. Thanks, Jim. :)
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Okay, I've already found my first bug. It was in my DUNGEON prog in the zip file. Also added my LODERUN game which I ported over tonight while watching UK beat Norway in Curling. Some of the games I have included have RSDOS game save/load routines of the following general type:

6800 GOSUB10003:PRINT"SAVING":OPEN "O", #1,"GAMDATA/DAT":FORC1=0TO100:WRITE #1,A(C1):NEXT:CLOSE#1:GOSUB10000
6840 GOSUB10003:PRINT"LOADING":OPEN "I", #1, "GAMDATA/DAT":FORC1=0TO100:INPUT#1,A(C1):NEXT:CLOSE#1:GOSUB10000

Can anyone point me to some on-line documents or simply enlighten me as to how DRAGON DOS would handle saving of an array to disk as in the above?
Attachments
dragon_jimgerrie2.zip
(417.54 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

There is a copy of the original DragonDOS manual (Introduction to Dragon DOS) in the "Dragon Downloads" section of the archive.

http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archive/index.php
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

Ah - Mr Gerrie - and there was me talking about the retrochallenge and here he is with his MC10 ports.
Nice!
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

G'day b'y. Enjoyed your wefax vids and BBSing.
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

Well I have your zip file ready to play today. Well, if the family leaves me alone. That's never guaranteed!
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I have completely revamped my RROID game. As you destroy more asteroids it speeds up. It also includes shields and a bunch of other fixes and improvements. I have also added a recent 4K game I created for the MC-10 called JIMVADERS. You can find on them both (and some other minor edits to other programs) in the attached ZIP.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(418.94 KiB) Downloaded 800 times