All of my Basic games in one zip

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
jgerrie

Re: All of my Basic games in one zip

Post by jgerrie »

Thanks Alastair. Not so much a problem with the MC-10 chiclet style keys. I'll make that change "official" in my next upload.

Jim
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

jgerrie wrote:Thanks Alastair. Not so much a problem with the MC-10 chiclet style keys. I'll make that change "official" in my next upload.
It may not be an issue on a real Dragon, I haven't tested Dicewars on one so I cannot be sure, but on a flat laptop keyboard it definitely causes problems.
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Alastair wrote:It may not be an issue on a real Dragon, I haven't tested Dicewars on one so I cannot be sure, but on a flat laptop keyboard it definitely causes problems.
I think it's a wise suggestions regardless of the keyboard. I've added it to the Dragon version and my Coco version. I'll add it to my MC-10 version too.

I have attached my latest Dragon compilation. It has the updated DICEWARS and I have also added a directory with my conversion of the TRS-80 Model 1 classic dungeon crawl game "The Temple of Apshai." I have included a .png graphic with the keyboard controls, but not the entire manual. However, .pdf files of the manual are prolific on the net. The INN program is the "Innkeeper," you run it first to create your character. Then you load one of the 4 LEVEL files. Then you save the level and your character to another "dungeon" file. Then run the DM "DunjonMaster" program and load the level+character "dungeon" file that you created using INN. If you make a lot of progress and earn a lot of experience, etc and make it back to and out the entrance, you will be prompted to save it before exiting. Then you can load that file back into INN where you can rest and re-equip and repeat the process. I have modified INN from the original so that it will automatically calculate your gold for you based on the items you retrieve while in the dungeon.

Any feedback and bug reports are much welcome. Enjoy!
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(641.04 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Here is a zip containing a slightly updated version of the DM program in the Apshai directory and two additional programs:
Swelfoop - a puzzle game
Big Red - A variation on the ZX81 Classic 3D monster Maze involving a killer Tomato.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(648.7 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

I'm finding Dice Wars a very absorbing game and am becoming slightly addicted. The AI presents quite a challenge... I thought I had the strategy all worked out and then got beaten several times in a row. I did notice a slight weakness in the AI when the game reaches a point where there are surplus dice. The computer never seems to attack 8 dice with 7 dice, even though there are enough dice in reserve to fill it back up to 8 if the attack fails.

I didn't see the danger with the Q key until I accidently quit a game when I was within 4 moves from winning, so I agree; changing the key was a good idea!

The speed of Berserk is pretty impressive too.
Stew
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

sorchard wrote:I'm finding Dice Wars a very absorbing game and am becoming slightly addicted.
Thanks for letting me know you like it.
sorchard wrote: The AI presents quite a challenge... I thought I had the strategy all worked out and then got beaten several times in a row. I did notice a slight weakness in the AI when the game reaches a point where there are surplus dice. The computer never seems to attack 8 dice with 7 dice, even though there are enough dice in reserve to fill it back up to 8 if the attack fails.
Nice idea. I'll see about adding it. The end game is a wee bit slow... Ta
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I've added a new game to my zip of game programs. Its the 2048 Puzzle. Any feedback is welcome. Arrow keys to move. 0 exits.
Attachments
Dragon_JimGerrie.zip
(650.12 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

2048 is a tough game, Jim. I like it though :-)

The highest scoring tile I've made so far is a feeble 256.
Stew
jgerrie

Post by jgerrie »

sorchard wrote:2048 is a tough game, Jim. I like it though :-)
The highest scoring tile I've made so far is a feeble 256.
Thanks for letting me know. I've only made it to 512 once and can often get to 256, but I have NEVER won it (except by breaking and changing variables for testing purposes). I know lots of people who play it on their phones and who regularly can go past getting 2048 (phone versions allow you to continue). If you (or anyone else) ever get to the end and everything works, please let me know.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I think your version of 2048 has a "cheat": the original doesn't let you not move any tiles (i.e., if pressing a direction would not cause any tiles to move, it will ignore it, not generate a new tile).