Midway Campain

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
zephyr

Midway Campain

Post by zephyr »

Midway Campain
Copyright (c)1983 by Avalon Hill Microcomputer Games
Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer Adaptation by Chuck Brite

Dragon 32/64 conversion by Steve Evans (26th December, 2010)
Converted for use with Tandy Color Computer/Dragon disk operating systems by Steve Evans (26th December, 2010)

This is a response to THIS post. Although the original can be used under CoCo Disk BASIC by entering 'PCLEAR1' before loading , I have modified the game so it loads, and runs without the need to enter the PCLEAR statment. This game can now also be enjoyed by all Dragon owners.

The modified CoCo versions include Steve Woolham's PCLEAR fix to enable them to work on any CoCo with at least 32K of RAM, and extended color BASIC.

The reason I didn't post a response over at Coco3.com, is because I have tried to become a member several times, but never received a reply to any of my emails. :? Perhaps someone who is also a member at coco3.com could post a reply in that thread to tell him that there is a solution to his problem here at the Dragon forum.

Regards,
Steve
Attachments
Midway_Campain.zip
(183.61 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Midway_Campaign_Manual.7z
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
Starscream

Re: Midway Campain

Post by Starscream »

Many thanks for this. I was surprised, I only knew of Voyager and V.C. I hope the other Avalon Hill stuff appears at some point, Briza's collection doesn't contain Panzer's East and Shootout apparently. There's Nukewar on the "Wargame" disk though, wonder if that's a genuine Tandy release.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Starscream wrote: There's Nukewar on the "Wargame" disk though, wonder if that's a genuine Tandy release.
That's not the game NukeWar, its part of WARGAME.
briza

Post by briza »

Starscream wrote:Many thanks for this. I was surprised, I only knew of Voyager and V.C. I hope the other Avalon Hill stuff appears at some point, Briza's collection doesn't contain Panzer's East and Shootout apparently. There's Nukewar on the "Wargame" disk though, wonder if that's a genuine Tandy release.

G'Day Starscream.

Mate I am still hoping to get my hands on Panzer East and Shootout to add to my collection in the future.
Never know I may still have 1 off those missing games in my collection, still have a few hundred disks to go thru yet lol. Fingers crossed I may indeed have 1 of them in the disks.

laters

Briza
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Hi briza,
thanks for providing it - the collection is certainly already fantastic, I was glad to find games other games besides Midway Campaign in there which I had looked for in other sets to no avail.
briza

Post by briza »

Starscream wrote:Hi briza,
thanks for providing it - the collection is certainly already fantastic, I was glad to find games other games besides Midway Campaign in there which I had looked for in other sets to no avail.
G'Day Starscream.

Thanks for the nice comment on my collection, Well Just to let you know I did manage to get my hands on the 2 missing Avalon games I was after, A top guy called Steve found them and passed them on, I now have the complete Avalon games series. Just waiting on Rodder to add them to my current collection.

laters

Briza
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Thanks for the heads up. Are you going to update the collection directly, or make some sort of update package available? I wouldn't have a problem downloading the whole set again for anything you add, but I suppose that'd create unnecessary bandwith costs.

I have a question regarding a specific game though. The collection includes "Arrow of Death 2" playable on the CoCo, do you know if that was a legit release? It's part of the "mysterious adventures" by Brian Howarth, but I haven't found any "hard proof" they were indeed officially released on the CoCo. I initially thought the Scott Adams adventures might be conversions too, but then I found advertising for all the adventures (1-13). Sorceror of Claymorgue Castle was even advertised in Europe together with the Dragon version and other ports.
briza

Post by briza »

Starscream wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Are you going to update the collection directly, or make some sort of update package available? I wouldn't have a problem downloading the whole set again for anything you add, but I suppose that'd create unnecessary bandwith costs.

I have a question regarding a specific game though. The collection includes "Arrow of Death 2" playable on the CoCo, do you know if that was a legit release? It's part of the "mysterious adventures" by Brian Howarth, but I haven't found any "hard proof" they were indeed officially released on the CoCo. I initially thought the Scott Adams adventures might be conversions too, but then I found advertising for all the adventures (1-13). Sorceror of Claymorgue Castle was even advertised in Europe together with the Dragon version and other ports.
That's if you are referring to my Games collection Starscream.

Can you tell me which game folder is the Arrows of Death 2 located in, maybe if I knew which folder may trigger where I located the game etc.
Yeah as I get more titles I will add them to the collection or get Rodder to update it. That's if I can't locate the info to log in again so I will be having to have Rodder do all updates!!!

laters

Briza
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Yes, it's in your collection, I found Arrow of Death 2 in the "text adventures" folder.
briza

Post by briza »

Starscream wrote:Yes, it's in your collection, I found Arrow of Death 2 in the "text adventures" folder.
Hi ya Starscream.

Ok I reckon I found that game on a disk in my collection. But then I may have even more games that were ported over and never officially released. If i find anything else I will let u know mate :)