Abacus Softwares PENDRAGON SPACE TRADER

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Red_Machine

Abacus Softwares PENDRAGON SPACE TRADER

Post by Red_Machine »

Here's Pendragon Space Trader, as promised. Let me know if I need to re-do it!
Attachments
pds.zip
(6.49 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Abacus Softwares PENDRAGON SPACE TRADER

Post by admin »

Thanks for that but I cannot get any of the tools to load it - looking at the sample it appears a bit quite, but amplifying the sample doesn't help. Can you please re-record but with the volume level of the tape player turned up a little more.

If you want to test before sending, then if the WAV file loads into XROAR (The dragon emulator) then I can convert and archive it.

Regards
Simon
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ignore this if your copy loads fine into a real Dragon using the tape deck you're sampling from (as you've proved the signal is fine), but:

Something I've found helps a little with unreliable tapes is to record a stereo image. This gives you three "goes": left channel, right channel and the two combined into a mono signal.

Strange perhaps, but I've definitely had tapes I was only able to rescue by doing this, as the recording was only to one channel and noise from the other interfered with it.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Red_Machine wrote:Here's Pendragon Space Trader, as promised. Let me know if I need to re-do it!
Yes, you need to re-do it. Can you please upload it again, but check it works OK first.

Regards,
Steve