GHOST ATTACK

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
zephyr

GHOST ATTACK

Post by zephyr »

Here's Ghost Attack for the archive. Two cassette (.cas) versions are attached. One is by Dragon Data, the other by Microdeal. Although this game is already in the archive, the 'Microdeal - Ghost Attack.cas' file won't load into XROAR, and the 'Dragon Data Ltd - Ghost Attack [exec].wav' file is a hacked copy of the Microdeal version.
Attachments
Dragon Data Ltd - Ghost Attack.zip
(4.22 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Microdeal - Ghost Attack.zip
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Alastair

Re: GHOST ATTACK

Post by Alastair »

zephyr wrote:Here's Ghost Attack for the archive. Two cassette (.cas) versions are attached. One is by Dragon Data, the other by Microdeal. Although this game is already in the archive, the 'Microdeal - Ghost Attack.cas' file won't load into XROAR, and the 'Dragon Data Ltd - Ghost Attack [exec].wav' file is a hacked copy of the Microdeal version.
Did Dragon Data release a cassette version of Ghost Attack? In which case why? Seems a bit daft to release it on both cassette and cartridge.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have no record of Dragon Data producing a cassette version of Ghost Attack - My records show this was cartridge only until Microsoft bought the distribution rights towards the end of Dragon Data and produced the cassette version (sometimes sold in a Dragon Data inlay, but a Microdeal tape inside).
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have got cartridge and cassette versions of AstroBlast and Ghost Attack by Dragon Data, and they all appear to be authentic.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

zephyr wrote:I have got cartridge and cassette versions of AstroBlast and Ghost Attack by Dragon Data, and they all appear to be authentic.
Curious, could it be that some of the early releases by Microdeal of ex-Dragon Data software still contained the Dragon Data copyright in the programs' titles?