French SuperDOS E6-1 found!

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
robcfg

French SuperDOS E6-1 found!

Post by robcfg »

As most of you know, I got my first Dragon, a 64 with DragonDOS controller and single disk drive from my friend Rodrigo back in 1993, when his father passed away.

The Dragon belonged to his father and my friend had no use for it, so he offered it to me and I gladly accepted.

Along with it, I got several boxes of electronic components and looking at one of them that was in my storage place, and now knowing what I'm looking at :roll: , I found a SuperDOS E6-1 rom, which comes with an extra set of utilities, completely translated to French!

The lower part of the 16KB eprom is almost identical to regular SuperDOS E6 but for a couple of translated string and two bytes, and then there's the upper part which is filled up to almost 12KB.

I don't know if it's an original or modified rom, but the startup messages show it's from 1987, which is quite late in the Dragons' life.

To try it on XRoar I had to rename it to one of the standard roms, as otherwise it's executed like a regular cartridge and the rom seems to freeze probably waiting an answer from the FDC.

And without further ado, here you have the rom file and some screenshots!

Cheers,
Rob
SuperDOS_E6-1_01.png
SuperDOS_E6-1_01.png (66.34 KiB) Viewed 57038 times
SuperDOS_E6-1_02.png
SuperDOS_E6-1_02.png (27 KiB) Viewed 57038 times
SuperDOS_E6-1_03.png
SuperDOS_E6-1_03.png (78.33 KiB) Viewed 57038 times
SuperDOS E6-1 (1987)(FR).zip
(10.18 KiB) Downloaded 982 times