Dragon 32 Mace Editor/Assembler Manual

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Dragon1956

Dragon 32 Mace Editor/Assembler Manual

Post by Dragon1956 »

I noticed that the although the Dragon 32 Mace Assembler rom cartridge from Windrush Micro Systems is in the archive, the Mace User Manual is not in the archive, so here it is. Also attached is the Motorola MC6809 Instruction Set Summary fold-out that came with it.
Attachments
Motorola MC6809 Instruction Set Summary.zip
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
Dragon 32 Mace Editor+Assembler Manual.zip
(21.32 MiB) Downloaded 415 times
Alastair

Re: Dragon 32 Mace Editor/Assembler Manual

Post by Alastair »

Thanks Dragon1956.
Dragon1956 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm Also attached is the Motorola MC6809 Instruction Set Summary fold-out that came with it.
I see that this is in DOCX format, if anyone wants it in PDF form it is also available on this forum.

P.S. I can still upload the JPEGs if wanted.
jonby

Re: Dragon 32 Mace Editor/Assembler Manual

Post by jonby »

Many thanks for posting the Mace manual. I have been using Mace a lot over the last few weeks after deciding to give MC programming a go. It would have been impossible without the manual, which is very well written and includes an excellent summary of the instruction set.

I have found Mace to be a great tool for getting started in MC programming, and it works great except that I can't save anything from it! It will appear to save correctly, but then when I try to load anything back in, it fails with a checksum error (source code) or I/O error (object code). Does anyone else using Mace have this issue or know any way of solving it? I did wonder whether it is related to copy protection of the original software. The object code files outputted only have a few characters after the header - far fewer than there should be. I have been using XRoar snapshots to get around the problem, but it's not ideal. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference.