Dragon multi-cartridge is back! Version 1.6 for sale

A forum for members to offer for sale any Dragon related items to other members. DO NOT POST LINKS TO AUCTIONS. I will use this forum in the future to offer all my spare games to members of this site before they go on e-bay.
Rolo

Dragon multi-cartridge is back! Version 1.6 for sale

Post by Rolo »

:o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :) :o :)
Another production run
Another production run
DragonMCv1_6Batch.jpg (163.96 KiB) Viewed 48539 times
The multi-cart is back! A multi-cart should always be available somewhere, like on other systems. My original plan, to do a major new release hasn't been possible the last couple of months. But there has been some request and I decided to do just a minor update and start a new production run instead. Takes out the pressure for developing something new. Version 1.5 has reliably run countless hours and I never heard of a failing device. No reason to not reuse the design.

Look:
Cartridge inserted
Cartridge inserted
DragonMCv1_6Inserted.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 48539 times
Shielded solder side
Shielded solder side
DragonMCv1_6Shielded.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 48539 times
Comparing dimensions
Comparing dimensions
DragonMCv1_6Compare.jpg (68.26 KiB) Viewed 48539 times
What has changed?
  • smaller outline
  • all controls and display now horizontally placed
  • fantastic new logo
  • new DRAGON symbol
What stayed the same?
  • 64 8K-slots
  • combinable to 16K-slots
  • optional auto start
  • solid, shielded appearance
For more information please have a look at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4807 and read the multi-cart-version-1.5 thread.

The board can be built into an ATARI 2600 shell.
MC on a VCS shell
MC on a VCS shell
DragonMCv1_6AtariShell.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 48539 times
I'm offering a limited number of multi-cartridges.I've been contacted by some people for a cartridge. They will be served first, of course. I'll PM or drop a mail to see, if they're still having some interest.
Additionally, I'm offering additional EPROMs for your own burning experiments. I have a few empty and cleaned ATARI 2600 shells, which I am offering as well, in case you want to mount the board into a cartridge shell. You'll have to do the cutting, sawing and drilling yourself, which is quite easy, only plastic material.

Prices:
1 pcs Dragon multi-cart version 1.6: 35 euros

optional:
1 pcs additional (used, but working) eprom: 3 euros
1 pcs additional ATARI cartridge shell: 5 euros

plus shipping (I'll try to find a cheap possibility, like "letter")

- Rolo
Last edited by Rolo on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Phobos

Re: Dragon multi-cartridge is back! Version 1.6 for sale

Post by Tom Phobos »

Yeah, one cart and one additional EPROM for me please :D
iddod

Post by iddod »

just got your email Rolo, if you could put me down for one cart and one spare eprom, that would be lovely, thank you...
feel free to PM me with payment details, with postage to the UK
:)

bobbi
--
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq
Vato

Post by Vato »

Count me in!
I'll PM you :D
Tom
Pluto63

Post by Pluto63 »

Count me in, one card confirmed, postage to Athens Greece.
tormod

Post by tormod »

Nice improvement, and great that you make these available for everybody! The idea of using Atari shells is not bad...
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

Thank you:) I don't think we do need a lot of expansions for the Dragon computer, but a few basic ones surely are helpful. Like your drivewire adapter. Easy and quick loading or launching of games is something everybody can use. Other fancy things are fun to make too, but only very few people will follow that path and buy a copy. Most people will use their Dragons just for playing a little game from time to time, but not for productivity or something serious, I suppose.
But, hmm, that's an interesting question for a new thread in Dragon General. I'll start one... :idea:
KenH

Post by KenH »

Rolo, have you tested the multi-cartridge with Pere's new Dos Extender and Drivewire?
You seem to support 16k rom banks so I assume this will work fine.
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

Well, a year ago or so, I put some drivewire versions onto it. As far as I remember, one was freezing the other one seemed to work. I have to admit, since I have the HxC-Floppy, I do not use drivewire :oops:. It's on my list to check out, when I find the time one day. And many other things....
But Pere does own multi-cartridges, so maybe he can check? Pere?

I don't want to spread any nonsense here. But, if those are regular 16k ROMs, than I can't see any reason why they should fail. Version 1.5 and version 1.6 do support 16k roms. I play TETRIS and ARKANOID regularly ;) .
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi,
I am sorry to say that I am too lazy/busy to get my set of eraser and burner and put them to work.
I have never used them and they are on the shelves since more than one year!
In fact I have never needed them, because owning a Dragon64 is enough to test any cartridge simply switching to
MAP1 and loading the code at $C000 or using others approaches.

Concerning the extender, when added to the DosPlus it is some 15k so the pack will fit nicely in a 16k bank and will
of course work without problems on ony bank in the Rolo multi-cartridges as does on the CoCo-SDC.
That said, I must admit that it will be usefull only to work with drivewire, but this could be a great plus for somebody
that has no disk controller at all.
I have both, the controller and the multicartridge, and if I had to burn the extender I would prefer it in the Lafumat's
controller, using the multi-cartridge to test other programs/games. The less cartridges in the MPI the better ...
I am waiting to test the WordPak2+ (great graphic display) and hopefully a sound-music device and that completes the
four slots: Disk controller, CoCoSDC card, Graphics and Sound

cheers
pere