This is crazy - Double Disk drive for £445

A forum for members to offer for sale any Dragon related items to other members. DO NOT POST LINKS TO AUCTIONS. I will use this forum in the future to offer all my spare games to members of this site before they go on e-bay.
KenH

This is crazy - Double Disk drive for £445

Post by KenH »

Unbelievable.
Double Disk Drive for the Dragon 32 and 64. Includes interface disk controller.
33 bids, £445 one more day to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380749721700?ss ... 1438.l2649

P.S.
I am not the seller (unfortunately ;)
jedie

Re: This is crazy - Double Disk drive for £445

Post by jedie »

I've also seen.
Madness, isn't it?
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have the exactly the same items in perfect condition (would never sell or use them). Seems like they are becoming more valuable than gold dust! :o
Rink

Post by Rink »

Wow. But I guess if you want/need one of these, then you just have to pay what you have to pay when they eventually turn up.

But there's a lot of cool, rare gear you can get for that kind of money.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

tormod

Post by tormod »

Yeah that Dragon 32 is crazy priced (the box is not even complete). The disk drive on the other hand, was priced at 0.99 GBP, and actual buyers have driven it up to the sky.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

And someone was fortunate enough to obtain a Dragon 64 for £55.50 including P&P, lucky blighter!
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Those £200 Dragon 32s are quite common and I have to assume it's just ebayers chancing it - it's the Buy It Now price, after all. I'm not sure what it costs to list something that doesn't sell, but there will be people out there that have analysed the returns and are playing the system.

The floppy drive price is insane - the only explanation for it that comes to mind is someone needing a pristine example for a museum or something.
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

Completely crazy price for a disk drive, but no one makes 5.25 floppy drives anymore and the drives that are left working must be dwindling to quite low numbers now. It almost makes me want to sell my double drive, but not yet, I wonder at what price I would succumb to selling? Hmmm, I really don't know.
Rink

Post by Rink »

Alastair wrote:And someone was fortunate enough to obtain a Dragon 64 for £55.50 including P&P, lucky blighter!
I got mine for about the same amount if I remember correctly.

Prices on Dragons seems to have risen quite a lot in the last 12 months but before that they were quite cheap really. I think my first D32 cost me about £30, then I bought another a few months later for £12 because no one else seemed to want it. That one was in a box too - a tatty box, but still a box.

The 200... was not cheap. :lol: