Moon Cresta

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
heatsink128

Moon Cresta

Post by heatsink128 »

Am trying to get the moon cresta .wav to load on my real 32 with no success, the title screen goes up but then I either goe nothing more or an i/o error. Have gotten everything else I have tried(25+ games) to load no worries except this one. Am burning the .wav files as audio to CD then loading via a personal CD player. Anyone else have problems with this game?
Advice appreciated, I am using BURN on Mac OSX to make the discs BTW.
Best regards,
Chris
sixxie

Re: Moon Cresta

Post by sixxie »

Afraid to say I just played out the WAV from this site into a real Dragon, and it loaded fine. Took ages, mind - it's gapped for some reason.

Check your burn? Make sure it sounds like data and is 5:49 long.

Edit: Oh, and be sure there were no transcode steps between the WAV and the burn - if for some reason it got converted to and from MP3 en-route, that could mess things up.

Edit2: No idea how likely it is to have it, but any automatic level control on your playback device should be disabled if possible.
heatsink128

Post by heatsink128 »

Thanks for the advice, still no luck I'm afraid. Going to try and copy it too a tape cassette and load it with my trusty old Radio shack data recorder, think I can get more volume than with the CD player.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Have you tried hooking the audio output (either speaker or headphone socket) of your Mac to your Dragon and using the Mac as the 'tape' player?