Mocha Dragon 32

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Mocha Dragon 32

Post by zephyr »

Just for fun...

Mocha running Steve Woolham's CoCoDragon 1.0. :)

http://members.cox.net/javacoco/index.shtml
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mocha Dragon 32

Post by admin »

Now if only somebody like Sixxie could get hold of the source code or make an XROAR JAVA port we could have the games running directly within this site...

I have asked for the Mocha source a few times over the years....didn't get a NO....but didn't get the source either.
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

admin wrote:Now if only somebody like Sixxie could get hold of the source code or make an XROAR JAVA port we could have the games running directly within this site....

8-)
admin wrote:I have asked for the Mocha source a few times over the years....didn't get a NO....but didn't get the source either.
Have you ever asked Brad if he would consider doing a Dragon version?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

admin wrote:Now if only somebody like Sixxie could get hold of the source code or make an XROAR JAVA port we could have the games running directly within this site...
The XRoar code, whilst quite modular, makes lots of use of callbacks and C's ability to just pass around function pointers - the event system which schedules everything relative to the CPU in particular. I don't think this is made easy in Java.

I did start rewriting it in C++ (just as an exercise, not for any practical reason), and even C++ turns something as simple as a void pointer to function into big piles of inheritance and templating. For something as simple as event dispatch! Don't know what people see in this new-fangled "OO" nonsense ;)