Everybody else is doing it...

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Everybody else is doing it...

Post by sixxie »

... so why can't we?

Dragon 32 is 30 in August, according to Wikipedia. Are there enough of us to make a celebration out of it? And does anyone have a more precise date of release?

Of course, it makes more sense to do this in 2 years...
robcfg

Re: Everybody else is doing it...

Post by robcfg »

I'd like to, specially if I can meet people of the Archive. You know, it's always nice to meet the people yo have been writing to in the forums for some time.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I had the same thought when the ZX Spectrum and BBC Micro anniversaries went past ... and it took me least 5 minutes to work out why it would make more sense in 2 years, which tells you the sort of week I've had.

Well, I'm up for it too ...

Tony
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sounds like an idea.... I don't have the exact date in August...

The Retro Computer Museum are located near Coalville in Leicestershire and could host us on a Sunday at short notice for a small donation each (I am one of the directors of the charity :D)... Otherwise we would need to organise a location etc.

Not sure where everybody lives and who does/doesn't drive etc...
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

A go-to location for similar groups seems to be the Lass o' Gowrie in Manchester, which welcomes such behaviour.

Personally, I'm well aware that I've fallen into the London mindset - I'm going to Watford today and think that's a bit far out! But I'd certainly try and get to anywhere with even reasonable public transport links (or if I can blag a lift).

I wonder if there are any suitable venues in Port Talbot (joke, honest - though I'm sure it's a lovely town).
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

sixxie wrote:Personally, I'm well aware that I've fallen into the London mindset.
And all this time I thought that "Llundain" was a place in Wales!
prime

Post by prime »

I'd deffo be up for it, RCM HQ would be ok for me, or the Lass in Manchester, pretty easy to get to from Coventry, it's a straight through train, so should also be doable from London, or anywhere on the west coast main line.....

Cheers.

Phill.
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

I did think it would be nice to use the Dragon Data factory in Kenfig near Port Toilet (sorry Talbot) but it isn't very central for people to get to. If you want to see where it is on google earth the co-ordinates are 51*32'04.12"N 3*43'53.03"W.
Although I think that this would be a nice venue as it is where the majority of Dragons were made and it is for sale so is empty, the price (if they would even entertain a short rental) would probably be too high.
On the picture it is unit 3
Attachments
Kenfig Industrial Estate.jpg
Kenfig Industrial Estate.jpg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

So you're thinking more along the lines of a warehouse party / rave to celebrate the anniversary, munkeyboy? :D
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

As long as there is a bar or beer tent I will give anything a go. :D