Question on tape dumping

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Question on tape dumping

Post by robcfg »

Hi folks!

As you may know, I'm working in a utility for converting wav files into cas files. I think my program is nearing a nearly usable state, and that raised a question.

I was debugging my program with my wav dump of "Dragon Selection II", and when I managed to convert it to .cas, I noticed that the contents of the tape are repeated three times on each side.

What would be the course of action here? Should I upload the cas file with the repeated info (which is really what it's on the original tape), or should I just keep one of the three copies?
zephyr

Re: Question on tape dumping

Post by zephyr »

In a case like this, I would create a cas file with a just single copy of the program. I would then put a note in the zip archive with the cas file to explain that the original tape came with three copies.

BTW, I'm looking forward to the release of your wav2cas utility.

Regards,
Steve
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

So long as the copies are identical I would follow Steve's suggestion. Just be careful that the tape is not like Planet Invasion or Donkey King where there are differences between the two or three programs recorded on each side of the tape.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

BTW, I'm looking forward to the release of your wav2cas utility.
Me too! :lol:

I need to complete the cas to wav process and then just make the wav translation process independent of the frequency of the wav file, so you don't have to convert the file.

Hopefully this weekend or next week, I'll release a version so you can test it. As usual, feedback will be welcome!