The Cambridge Dragon Meetup - June 3rd

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Cambridge Dragon Meetup - June 3rd

Post by admin »

I hope to be there too - Might bring my Dragon Professional too - if Prime brings his, we can have all 3 together again for the 1st time in 7 years !!

I'll see what other interesting bits I can dig out
Simon Hardy
Mdemon101

Post by Mdemon101 »

Gutted to miss this, hopefully there will be another later in the year if successful?
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

So many replies, wonderful! :)

@sorchard, @sixxie, @docfeelbad, @bosco, @robcfg and @admin - looking forward to meeting you all in the flesh for the first time!

@sixxie - I think a trip to the pub after has to be done! I vote for The Empress, I'll post details later.
@sorchard - I've only just got my Orch-90 cart, and of course, it should work with the Race with minor tweaks. My challenge is to get it working by the 3rd - and if I can't, I reckon I'll be with the right people to get some help!
@bosco - *Of course* we want to see the new game!!
@robcfg - Stew's right, Stansted is definitely the place to fly to. If you need somewhere to stay, PM me, I have a flat that should be empty.
@admin - very excited to get all the Professionals together!
@mdemon101 - if this is a success (and why shouldn't it be?), I definitely think this could be a regular thing. If the Coco community can have Cocofest every year, why can't we?

Cheers all! I'll post more details shortly.

Tony
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

@tjewell , thanks for your offer, PM sent!

I'd like to ask if it would be possible to scan the Professional's PCB. I don't mind bringing a laptop and my trusty scanner to scan it for the Archive. I'll bring a nice camera to take nice pictures too.

Now, what's the best way to go from Stansted Airport to Cambridge?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Direct train, bit more than half an hour.

Use http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

@robcfg - I've replied to your PM, train details and everything! It's currently stuck in my Outbox - I don't know how often these things are processed. It it doesn't send by the this afternoon, we can move to email.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Cool, thanks!

Which Cambridge station should I go to? Cambridge, Cambridge Heath or Cambridge north?
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Just 'Cambridge', should cost £15 return.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

robcfg wrote:@tjewell , thanks for your offer, PM sent!

I'd like to ask if it would be possible to scan the Professional's PCB. I don't mind bringing a laptop and my trusty scanner to scan it for the Archive. I'll bring a nice camera to take nice pictures too.

Now, what's the best way to go from Stansted Airport to Cambridge?
They are a REAL pain to take apart and put back together.....and to do it properly you would need to scan all 3 Professionals as all 3 have different revisions of the motherboard.... From memory, Prime has the prototype with the largest daughter board of glue logic, mine has a smaller daughter board and Richards is the most finished version of the motherboard with a finished IC in the socket.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

That's a pity, because even a nice photograph of the boards would be better than we have right now, but I guess for that you'd have to take them apart anyway.

In any case, if you feel like it, please tell me so I can bring the laptop and the scanner.