XRoar 0.22 on an Acer Aspire One Linux

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

XRoar 0.22 on an Acer Aspire One Linux

Post by admin »

Yesterday I bought a netbook - the Acer Aspire One running linux on the 8GB SSD.
Today I managed to get XRoar 0.22 running on it without modifications! I am so happy! :)
Attachments
My linux netbook running XRoar!
My linux netbook running XRoar!
aspire-one-linux.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Re: XRoar 0.22 on an Acer Aspire One Linux

Post by sixxie »

Excellent :)

Does it run full speed? It seems a little slow on the Eee I have access to (running Ubuntu), but with no obvious CPU load I think it might be something to do with the audio server (pulseaudio).
admin
Site Admin

Re: XRoar 0.22 on an Acer Aspire One Linux

Post by admin »

I have not done any stress testing yet but it looks to be running at full speed. Microdeals Skramble runs fine :)

I don't know what performance difference there are but this netbook runs on the Intel Atom, the older EEEs use the Celeron processor. Changing the base OS may have implications as well. I'm trying to do everything with the shipped OS which is very lean and mean - so far it is a dream come true :)

Only one request from you - when you go into fullscreen the aspect ratio is wrong - its like scale to fit mode. Anychance of fixing this? Some info for you: screen res=1024x600 , video driver=SDL-YUV. Cheers!
Simon Hardy