3D Deathchase demo.

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

3D Deathchase demo.

Post by admin »

Hi, I have been working on a conversion of the well regarded Spectrum game 3D Deathchase.

I ultimately hope to have it running in 16K, but this rough demo requires 32K. It should run on any Tandy CoCo or Dragon with at least that amount of memory (if not, I'd be grateful for any bug report).

CAS and WAV versions are available for the Dragon, loading instructions and controls are on the website.
Deathchase demo.

Happy new year! :D
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Re: 3D Deathchase demo.

Post by admin »

Wow! Just played afew games (xroar running dragon) and it looks good! I'll play more later in the day and let you if I hit any bugs.
Took 20 years but we have a dragon 32 port! Good job man!
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Neat-o! A bit like "Return of the Jet-I", but better looking and with shooting. Look forward to seeing the end result :)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks James! 8-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Demo no more - it has been finished, belatedly!

It just fits into a 16K machine (by 4 bytes) and is available in DSK (for CoCo), CAS and WAV forms. The cassette versions work on both Dragon and Tandy machines.

Feedback is appreciated, including any testing done on real machines. Get it here.

Have fun!
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Fun!

High score so far only only 12736 (Forest Sector 3), on a real Dragon 64 (where it works just fine - used the WAV file).

Things aren't very visible on my green screen monitor, but that's my problem - the game remains playable.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

James,

Excellent work.......

Please take a look at http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=GLOVE and feel free to edit it (login with your forum username and password) in more detail and keep it updated should the situation with Cronosoft change. If you want to put the game up here for download then please give me the nod and I'll put it in the download archive along with all the other Dragon software.

Rgds
Simon
Simon Hardy
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Nice! 8-) Thanks James! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the praise, everyone. 8-)

I will have a go at editing the Glove page. In the meantime, I have no objection to Glove or Deathchase being in the archive. :)
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm... when I try to log in on the Glove page it says:
"Login error You are not a member of the required phpBB group." :(

Here are some suggestions for things that may need to be included as templates (Glove is a bit more complicated than some):
1 or 2 players.
1 or 2 joysticks, 1 or 2 on keyboard, 1 on joystick - 1 on keyboard.
Tano Dragon (detects NTSC mode - game uses artefacts/artifacts mode, if available, and changes frame count to match 60hz).
32K or 64K (unless it is assumed that Dragon 64 means "can use 64K", rather than just "also runs on" - the game is multiload on a 32K machine and single load on a 64K machine).
Simon Hardy