XRoar 0.23 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zaf

Re: XRoar 0.23 released

Post by zaf »

snarkhunter wrote:
zaf wrote:Excellent! Can confirm its running on the latest macs and the ascii file load is just the kind of functionality that makes me dribble. Before I was hacking (really dirty) the source to do the same. Good work, keep it up!
Could someone please explain to me how this functionality actually works?! Is it something that should enable one to enter some BASIC code in any text editor, then load it in XRoar?
Just create a test.bas file in your favourite editor with:
10 SOUND 100,1

and then in xroar load this file just like you would any other file (control-L for example) and then type CLOAD and after file has loaded type LIST.

Cool, eh?
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Thanks for your explanation and, yes, this is very cool indeed! Yet I do have an extra question : is there any specific saving command for ASCII files, i.e. something that will create the corresponding ".bas" file on one's PC, or will the standard CSAVE "filename", A command achieve this?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ah, not yet. Loading .bas or .asc files just auto-wraps the ASCII data in cassette blocks (with an appropriate header indicating what it is to BASIC). I've not written anything to auto-unwrap stuff yet, but it would certainly be possible.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

snarkhunter wrote:Thanks for your explanation and, yes, this is very cool indeed! Yet I do have an extra question : is there any specific saving command for ASCII files, i.e. something that will create the corresponding ".bas" file on one's PC, or will the standard CSAVE "filename", A command achieve this?
Until such time that XRoar supports printing to a file, a long winded solution would be to CSAVE the program with XRoar, then CLOAD the program in T3, set T3 to print to a file (ALT+P then left or right arrow until FILE shows, then [Enter]), and finally LLIST. T3 will create a file called "PRINTER.OUT."