Wanted Quickshot 1 or 2 for Dragon/Co-co

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
heatsink128

Wanted Quickshot 1 or 2 for Dragon/Co-co

Post by heatsink128 »

Anyone help me out with getting a digital joystick, either quickshots would be cool. I really can't get on with the floppy Dragon analogue ones :(
Thnaks,
Chris
jmk

Re: Wanted Quickshot 1 or 2 for Dragon/Co-co

Post by jmk »

heatsink128 wrote:Anyone help me out with getting a digital joystick, either quickshots would be cool. I really can't get on with the floppy Dragon analogue ones :(
Do Tandy joysticks work with the Dragon? I think they do... If so, there are a number of options, but not always easy to find...

Wico Command Control Adapter - allows standard Atari 9-pin joysticks to be used on a CoCo There is supposed to be a schematic (in an old Rainbow magazine) to make your own adapter, but I haven't found it.

You could also try the various Tandy joysticks:
CoCo Lounge again

The Tandy Deluxe Joystick (white) is clearly a variant on the floppy original, but it does have self-centreing (I've never owned this one). I do own the big grey one on the same page, it is quite nice and self-centres, although it is still an analogue joystick and the buttons are a little bit spongey.

There are also supposed to be Quickshots for the Dragon... in fact... Oh! :shock: (I've not tried buying from there).
Quickshot 1
prime

Post by prime »

I have a couple of the voltmace sticks and they are quite nice also, as they are also self centering.

I believe they where also available for the BBC too.

Cheers.

Phill.
heatsink128

Post by heatsink128 »

Thanks folks, will probably go for that quickshot.

Chris