ROTR - Help please

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Duncan

ROTR - Help please

Post by Duncan »

Ok, after much time i am back to where i was 20 years ago... Gastalt 16, all quests completed, time ring assembled. I have managed to obtain the time ring by using one of the other characters to take it, and am not sure whether this is a bug in the game (and therefore the reason why i can't progress any further), or there is something i am missing out on. Just can't figure out what to do next.... HELP!
Alastair

Re: ROTR - Help please

Post by Alastair »

If I remember correctly, you have to take the time ring - get the other character to drop it and then pick it up, as passing the ring from character to player does not work (again, memory might be playing up). Also make sure that all four characters are with you.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Thanks for the reply, have tried what you suggest, i have all four cgi characters in the party, am carrying the ring of darkness, yet every time i am in possesion of the time ring in the place where i assembled it, it is automatically is dropped and get the message "only the ring bearer can take the ring". So it is just not happening, this is one of the frustrating things about adventure games from this era, unless you get the exact terminology right you get stuck!! Same thing that makes them so addictive!!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thankfully the terminology here is pretty straightforward, the problem is working out what you need to be carrying before you can pick up the time ring. I seem to recall that the reason you need all the other characters there is because you need to give all those characters pretty much all that you are carrying, including the passes, leaving you with the ring of darkness and possibly all the other rings - only then will you be able to pick up the time ring.