The Dragon Meetup is MOVING! PLEASE READ!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tjewell

The Dragon Meetup is MOVING! PLEASE READ!

Post by tjewell »

Everyone! The Dragon Meetup is MOVING to The Cambridge Museum of Technology. Same dates - 7th/8th October - just a NEW location.
What's happened? Well, building works have overrun at the Centre for Computing History, which currently has no roof and is unlikely to have one in time! However, the wonderful people at the Museum of Technology, with their beautiful riverside location, have stepped in to save us.

So it's the same old Dragon Meetup - just in a different location - but still surrounded by some wonderful old technology.

Things to know:

It's literally just around the corner. If you're staying at the Travelodge you'll actually have a shorter walk in the morning.

The museum has a lovely riverside cafe - so we don't just have to eat crisps for lunch.

The museum has a pub - oh yes - https://theengineershouse.com/ - and it also serves great wood fired pizzas, serves beers from a local brewery and opens late. I see absolutely no reason to leave the site. Also see note about short stumbling distance of hotels 🙂

There is free parking for *exhibitors only* - visitors can park at the Tesco (3 hrs free) and the retail park opposite (4hrs free). If you're staying all day, just remember to move your car from one to the other at lunchtime. Apparently there's some free on-street parking north of the venue too. It's on the Park and Ride too.

The museum asks that all visitors and exhibitors pay their very reasonable admission fee.

The museum is open from 10.30am to 4pm. At 4pm we'll move into their machine room (steam not computers) for Richard's celebrated Quiz, then retire to the bar for pizzas and beer.

I'm bound to have missed something, ask questions and I'll do a follow up post if needed.
robcfg

Re: The Dragon Meetup is MOVING! PLEASE READ!

Post by robcfg »

I'll miss our friends at the CCH, but his place looks lovely too!

Seems I'll be having a shorter walk in the morning... :mrgreen:
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I suspect most of our friends from CCH will becoming over at some point in the day to be nosey! And to check out their bar :)
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Well that was good fun :)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Indeed!

I’ve enjoyed this weekend greatly!

The Museum of Technology is a fantastic place, with nice exhibitions, very good food and better people :mrgreen:

Cheers!
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

A pleasure as always to catch up with everyone, and much gratitude to Tony of course for making this happen :)
Stew
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

As always, an absolute pleasure! And indeed it was a lovely venue too - we'll have a difficult decision on our hands next year! :)
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

I posted on FB at the time, but as all the cool kids are on here I'll just add my gratitude to Tony, and any other behind the scenes bods, for making this unique event happen each year. The Museum of Technology was a brilliant venue, especially with a big Asda 30 seconds in one direction and a coffee shop and bar serving pizza in the other. :D
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Aww thanks! I did really like that venue - it didn't feel like we'd had to compromise because the CfCH wasn't available. Next year's venue will be a tricky decision!