coco carts

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
thecaver99

coco carts

Post by thecaver99 »

can he dragon use coco carts like an eprom cart?
sixxie

Re: coco carts

Post by sixxie »

They're electrically compatible (except maybe some rare cases where certain coco carts might not expect +12V), and actually quite a lot of coco game carts run on the Dragon, as they tend to be "well behaved" and use indirect ROM calls where needed.

Dragon carts tend not to run on the coco for the reverse reason - too many calls to arbitrary points in the BASIC ROM.
thecaver99

Post by thecaver99 »

sixxie wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:36 pm They're electrically compatible (except maybe some rare cases where certain coco carts might not expect +12V), and actually quite a lot of coco game carts run on the Dragon, as they tend to be "well behaved" and use indirect ROM calls where needed.

Dragon carts tend not to run on the coco for the reverse reason - too many calls to arbitrary points in the BASIC ROM.
i have seen a coco eprom cart for sale and was wondering if such a think would work on the dd32/64 if the rom was programmed with dragon software rather than coco https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275784808150
that's the eBay sale, its cheap and i cant find any info on dragon cards apart from the coco sdc
i will happily buy one and test, io was thinking to put the dragon datat test kit on it.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

thecaver99 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:24 pm i have seen a coco eprom cart for sale and was wondering if such a think would work on the dd32/64 if the rom was programmed with dragon software rather than coco https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275784808150
Yeah no reason that shouldn't work.
thecaver99

Post by thecaver99 »

thanks