Saving to Tape in XRoar

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
pser1

Saving to Tape in XRoar

Post by pser1 »

@Ciaran
Hello,
I am trying to save a basic program and two binary files to a WAV file so that it could be put in a physical tape ...
By now I cannot get anything written to the attached tape (for output)
The command I issue to launch xroar is that one:

Code: Select all

xroar -vo sdl -machine dragon64 -extbas d64_1.rom -altbas d64_2.rom -machine-cart dragondos -cart-rom ddos40.rom -force-crc-match -disk-write-back -tape-write "PROVA.WAV" -joy-left 0,0:1:0 -kbd-translate -lp-file ..\XRoar\sortida.txt
I was trying without the -tape-write "PROVA.WAV" but nothing was saved :-(
With Dragon64 started, I do attach a VDK file from where I do load a basic program, then I issue
CSAVE"RO and press enter. After a while the prompt comes back, but the PROVA.WAV file keeps being zero bytes!
After closing XRoar nothing happens to that file
I would appreciate if you could shine some light on that subject ... I am sure I had done things like that many times in the past ...
cheers!
pere

Ps I am using XRoar v1.30
pser1

Re: Saving to Tape in XRoar

Post by pser1 »

HI, Ciaran
I just updated to version 1.31 and it works flawlessly now, sorry :-(
cheers!
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Yeah it turned out I had a problem with my local environment when I built previous ones for Windows - wasn't detecting libsndfile, which handles audio files.

Sorted now :)
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:14 pm Yeah it turned out I had a problem with my local environment when I built previous ones for Windows - wasn't detecting libsndfile, which handles audio files.
Sorted now :)
thanks a lot, Ciaran!
cheers!
pere