XRoar1.3 v32bits problem downloading

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
pser1

XRoar1.3 v32bits problem downloading

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
I have downloaded XRoar 1.3 64bits with no problems, but everytime I try to download 32 bits version
the download process is interrupted by AVG antivirus with the message shown in the attached image ...
It is going to be a wrong detection, but it stops downloading this file ...
cheers!
pere
VirusDetectedonXRoar32.jpg
VirusDetectedonXRoar32.jpg (64.63 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
sixxie

Re: XRoar1.3 v32bits problem downloading

Post by sixxie »

Huh, not sure what I can do about that. Checking a previous thread, version 1.3 tripped exactly the same false positive :/

Feeding the exe to virustotal.com as before, Avast and AVG see that signature, and two others think it's something to do with machine learning. I dunno, all I can tell you is I cross-built it under Linux with mingw, linking against the same libraries as last time (most of which I've built myself).
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Ciaran,
no problem at all for me, I am using the 64 version since a lot of time!
I just wanted to let you know that some 32 bit users would experience problems if they are using AVG antivirus ...
cheers!
pere
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I did send xroar-1.2-w32 to Avast/AVG. They updated their definition files so that their virus checkers no longer flagged that version of XRoar, I am surprised that they continue to flag later versions of XRoar.

Anyway, I am not sure if it is worth creating 32-bit Windows versions any more. XRoar no longer works on XP and I doubt many people use the 32-bit versions of the more recent Windows releases.