Dragon Meetup - it's not long now!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tjewell

Dragon Meetup - it's not long now!

Post by tjewell »

It's not long now! So I thought I'd start a thread about what we're bringing, what we'd like to see and what's happening. There's a thread on Facebook too.

We thought the theme for this year could be 'software' - so bring all your games and utilities, all your floppies and tapes, stuff you've written, stuff you've collected. I'm sure we'll have plenty of stuff to set up a table for swaps too.

On Saturday night, after the museum has closed, Richard Harding is going to run a pub quiz to see how much we really know about our beloved machines, then it's off to the Devonshire Arms for good beer and pizzas (if enough people are around on Friday night, I can reserve a table for then too).

I'd like to run a high score competition - attach one of the Dragons to a big screen or projector for the weekend, and see who can get the highest score. Will a member of the public beat us? Any ideas for a fun fast paced game for this? (so no one hogs it too long).

Anyone got any other ideas for activities over the weekend?

I'm going to just stick all my Dragon stuff in the car, so I should be able to demonstrate a range of upgrades like the DragonPlus, CocoVGA, Mooh/Fuzix, SuperSpriteFM+ etc. If anyone wants me or anyone else to bring specific bits of hardware, please let me know!
jedie

Re: Dragon Meetup - it's not long now!

Post by jedie »

Is there a official web page about this? It is not a virtual meetup, isn't it?
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

jedie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:35 am Is there a official web page about this? It is not a virtual meetup, isn't it?
It's a real event here:
http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/ ... -November/

The CoCoTalk people were considering either a live stream or a recording of the event. Not sure if anything has been arranged.
Stew
linville

Post by linville »

We are asking @sixxie to do some audio coverage and/or light interviews for The CoCo Crew Podcast. If he needs any assistance or if he asks to talk to anyone reading this, please comply as best as you can!

:-)

John
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I'm afraid that I won't be attending the event this year, especially due to the new covid wave and the travel restrictions.

Please take a lot of pictures!
prime

Post by prime »

I'll be there, should be around Friday night too if people want to meet for drinks etc.

anything anyone wants me to bring?

Cheers.

Phill.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

We'll miss you Rob, it won't be the same without you!

It would be good to have a Dragon Alpha, because there's going to be a few new people who've not seen one. Plus it's cool.
Pernod70

Post by Pernod70 »

prime wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:51 am anything anyone wants me to bring?
The usual ROM dumping stuff. I'll be there Saturday only.

Cheers, Nigel
bluearcus

Post by bluearcus »

prime wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:51 am I'll be there, should be around Friday night too if people want to meet for drinks etc.

anything anyone wants me to bring?

Cheers.

Phill.
Can you bring your ICE-6809? And maybe the programming cable for the FPGA? I haven't built my carrier board yet, but it would be good to see the thing working and also to get the eeepizza board ready programmed for when the adapter board build reaches the top of the projects list...

I'll try and remember to bring the overorder adapter PCBs incase anyone else wants to consider getting going on one...
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I've reserved a table for us in the pub for both night, just in case - the pub is the Devonshire Arms, near the train station. They don't do food any more - but this is a blessing in disguise, as they allow us to get takeaways from the pizza place opposite (and that's really good). Go in, past the bar, to the back corner. See some of you tomorrow, and the rest of you on Saturday morning! https://goo.gl/maps/SkM1fiUYtKPQBCVs7