Dragon Meetup 2021 - November 27th/28th

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tjewell

Dragon Meetup 2021 - November 27th/28th

Post by tjewell »

Well, it's been a while! But we're going to have another Meetup at last!

It's at the usual venue - the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge - but this time it's for a whole weekend. As always, there'll be lots of Dragons, add-ons, upgrades and peripherals to look at, and all the latest software too. There's plenty of time to finish those software projects, repair those Dragons and get those prototype add-ons finished!

I'll post more news here as we get closer to the date - it'll be great to see you all again. Any questions or ideas, ask away.

Cheers,
Tony
sorchard

Re: Dragon Meetup 2021 - November 27th/28th

Post by sorchard »

Excellent news, I shall be looking forward to that!

Not wishing to sound pessimistic, but I'm guessing the virus situation will be worse than it is now, due to kids back at school. Happy to wear a mask and/or spend time chatting in the car park if that's what it takes :)
Stew
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Time to read the entry requirements for the UK!
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

robcfg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:31 pm Time to read the entry requirements for the UK!
If it comes to it, you could always spend your two weeks in quarantine in the museum :)
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

sorchard wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 pm Not wishing to sound pessimistic, but I'm guessing the virus situation will be worse than it is now, due to kids back at school. Happy to wear a mask and/or spend time chatting in the car park if that's what it takes :)
To reassure people a little on that front, we'll be holding the event in the main hall this year rather than the classroom, because it's much better ventilated.
bluearcus

Post by bluearcus »

If people can do Lateral Flow Tests before attending that would be helpful. Yes... they are more than a bit flawed in terms of sensitivity (about 1/3 for asymptomatic individuals) but it's still a bit better than nothing.

A friend held an event where LFT's were required for attendance, and they put peoples names on the back, and drew a lottery prize with them! :lol: