Dragon DLs Quick start - VDK images on uDW

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Maff970

Dragon DLs Quick start - VDK images on uDW

Post by Maff970 »

HI all,

Been a while and nice to be back. I keenly downloaded the USB file from the Dragon DLs Quickstart area - thanks for effort that went into that. I can't seem to access them through my uDW (tormod). 'VDK not for DW' is the error - so I assume one of two things 1) I'm doing something wrong or 2) there's something different with the format as compared to various VDK images I have downloaded from the forum. Anyway to get them working?

Regards

Matt
pser1

Re: Dragon DLs Quick start - VDK images on uDW

Post by pser1 »

Hi, Matt
welcome to this group!
I hope this is going to be the 'normal' issue with drivewire and reading/mounting files
Drivewire expects the files to be multiple of 256 bytes in length, so the VDK files have to be padded with zeros at the end
to meet that pre-requisite.
For maybe this is the case, I am uploading here a small Java app that I made when I first entered DW world that will
allow you to choose multiple files and will create a DW compatible one for each of them. JUst rename them to the name
you'd prefer for them!
Any issue that could arise, just let me know and we will try to work it out
cheers
pere
Pad256.zip
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello, Matt
the Java app I have uploaded in previous message is intended for 'files' that can be loaded using commands like DLOAD, DLOADN
that I asume you can issue thanks to the the modified Basic ROM (from Tormod Volden) that has the 'adapted' DLOAD command.

For the virtual disks in format VDK that have a shorter than 256 bytes header, we need to modify them so that the header
is 256 bytes long and that way the whole file length is multiple of 256 too.
I am uploading here another java app that does this
Hope both will be of use for you ...
cheers
pere
VDK2DW4.zip
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Maff970

Post by Maff970 »

Thanks Pser1 - I'll investigate further and report back. I must confess I did manage to get a Dragon MMC in the interim (with quick postage to Australia - something is normal at least) and I do love that solution.
Kind Regards

Matt
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello, Matt
right, I own one of these too and it is a great add-on!
If, at an point, you go back to uDW and found any issues, just let me know, I have my uDW on the shelves
but I could set it on again to test anything you'd need!
cheers!
pere