XRoar 0.36 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

XRoar 0.36 released

Post by sixxie »

http://www.6809.org.uk/xroar/

Finally!

Reportedly fixes the Windows slowdown problem (which I assume was a result of the audio changes). Some MacOSX fixes too. Incorporates Stewart Orchard's SAM research (well, some of it). Fun new option parsing which hopefully won't cause too many problems. And presumably lots of new bugs!

Oh, and Windows users get an "About" menu item at last - important stuff.

Following on from the previous conversation, I've kept the main download links as ZIP files, but there are MSI installers in the downloads directory for thems as want 'em.
.mad.

Re: XRoar 0.36 released

Post by .mad. »

Thanks for the update. :)

i do have problem with the new command-line switches in Windows though...

when adding
ADD_CLP ( -load "%gamepathfile%")

this is sent to the command-line from GameBase.
xroar -load "C:\GBGame\0\DODO (1984)(Blaby Computer Games)[!].cas"

the new 36 version requires the slash in the opposite direction to get it working.
xroar -load "C:/GBGame/0/DODO (1984)(Blaby Computer Games)[!].cas"

can this be fixed to the previous working 35 version?.
Thanks
I am, you are, we are, they're not...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Hmm. That's a result of '\' being used to escape characters (ie if you doubled them up to '\\' it would work). That's quite useful for a lot of the command line options (in particular '-type'), but I guess options that take a filename would probably rarely use it. I'll look into special-casing those options. And maybe only on Windows, as The Platform With The Wrong Directory Separator ;)

Edit:

Done some poking around during my lunch hour, and pushed out a new snapshot here, as usual.

The change is Windows-only at the moment, but I suppose filename options are likely to be wanted verbatim on any platform really. I'll think about that...
.mad.

Post by .mad. »

You get an whole hour for dinner?... :shock:

i can confirm your edit is working for me.
Thanks!!!
.mad.

Post by .mad. »

Just found the same problem with the Windows path using...
-run "%gamepathfile%"

I guess more Windows users will be using that option than my (newly fixed) -load option. :)
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

D'oh! Thought I'd fixed it pretty generally, but -run is treated specially ;)

New snapshot!
.mad.

Post by .mad. »

All good now! :D

Thanks for your time into this problem.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

A shiny new XRoar!

What better motivation to do a bit of Dragon development. :lol:
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Ciaran,
I am really very busy with my V9958 project, but have installed you last version and keep using it with GDB to debug
and I have not find any issues by now.
I can execute games / rom files from command line using bat files as I had been doing before.

If it were possible, I would really appreciate if you could do anything to make appear the value of registerW (EF)
at the correct place on GDB ... I am using a lot of 6309 opcodes and this registers are used a lot of times too, so it would be nice
to see regF value. By now regE shows on the MD register, but regF is missing :-(
Thanks a lot
cheers
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

pser1 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 pm If it were possible, I would really appreciate if you could do anything to make appear the value of registerW (EF)
at the correct place on GDB ... I am using a lot of 6309 opcodes and this registers are used a lot of times too, so it would be nice
to see regF value. By now regE shows on the MD register, but regF is missing :-(
I've had a look and this turns out to be a fault in my GDB patch - none of the 6309 registers were flagged as 8-bit, so the results were misaligned.

Now, can I remember how to build the Windows binaries of GDB? :)

Edit: and the answer is "maybe". ISTR the way the binary is built affected how well it interacted with the Windows console... Can you give this one a try?