What joysticks are these?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Vato

What joysticks are these?

Post by Vato »

Does anyone know what make these joysticks are?

They work with the Dragon, are rather bulky/large, and the mechanism feels quite sturdy and high quality.

Vato

EDIT:
The text beside the fire button reads: SERVE/FIRE
Attachments
Unknown joysticks
Unknown joysticks
unknown.jpg (14.3 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Tom
sixxie

Re: What joysticks are these?

Post by sixxie »

Not sure who made them, but I have a few.

Was in the computer museum at Bletchley Park a couple of weeks ago (Dragon 32 present, but not active - no Dragon 64), and there was one hooked up to a BBC Micro, so they obviously weren't Dragon-specific!
Vato

Post by Vato »

Thanks,
I definately know I have seen some of these before, but I just can't remember where, and what micro/console I saw them used with.

Did the BBC have the same spec 100K pot joysticks as the Dragon?

Vato
Tom
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These were actually sold by Dragon Data as official joysticks prior to the more familiar long handled ones... I know because I bought some back in 1982/3 and still have them in the original Dragon Data box.
Simon Hardy
Vato

Post by Vato »

admin wrote:These were actually sold by Dragon Data as official joysticks prior to the more familiar long handled ones... I know because I bought some back in 1982/3 and still have them in the original Dragon Data box.
.....ok..... I got them in a Dragon Data box myself, the "butterfly" version of the box. I didn't realise that they really belonged in that box....
I have seen some pictures (somewhere) of a couple of Dragon Data sticks similar to these, but they had square buttons, not round ones.

Thanks,
Vato
Tom
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

admin wrote:These were actually sold by Dragon Data as official joysticks prior to the more familiar long handled ones... I know because I bought some back in 1982/3 and still have them in the original Dragon Data box.
They look like they are of better quality than the later version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

They are....... the later ones were actually made by Dragon Data - These ones I think were just re-sold.
Simon Hardy