Synther for Coco?

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
sixxie

Re: Synther for Coco?

Post by sixxie »

They both work under emulation. The CAS posted to coco3.com needs an extra byte tagged on the end to load in XRoar (I've made the next release cope with this), but it does work. Doesn't autostart though, as it's just a save out from a disk file. Mine autostarts as I've just patched a tidied version of the original CAS.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still no dice. I got my levels and connections all sorted out for sure this time. According to the wav-to-cas-to-wav utilities I'm using there's an issue with the header info? I thought I could take the wav and remake it into a cas and then back to wav and maybe it would add the needed information but it hasn't worked so far.
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Have you tried the CAS I posted? The headers on that should be long enough that a cas2wav would still work.

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/synther7_coco.wav.gz for a gzipped WAV.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah, the cas I was using was your second one (not the step_1 one). Trying thw wav now...

WORKED LIKE A CHARM! WOOHOO!

I noticed that the wav you posted was much higher frequency and only about half as long. I must have some kind of encoding issues here that were screwing up the wavs I tried to make.

Thanks you so much for your help. Rest assured that I'll be tuning away on my custom "sixxie7" over the holidays.
Simon Hardy
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Woo, glad to be of service :)
briza

Post by briza »

sixxie wrote:Woo, glad to be of service :)
Hi Simon and Sixxie.

Does this version also work on the Coco 3. Just curious to know.
Sixxie where have ya been hiding of late. Mate how is your game coming along. Can't wait to try it out.

laters

Briza
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I tried it on the CoCo 3 and it loads and runs OK, but pressing 'L' does not return to LUTE after you have selected GAMBA or any of the others.

BTW the link has changed to the following.

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/coco_port ... oco.wav.gz
briza

Post by briza »

zephyr wrote:I tried it on the CoCo 3 and it loads and runs OK, but pressing 'L' does not return to LUTE after you have selected GAMBA or any of the others.

BTW the link has changed to the following.

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/coco_port ... oco.wav.gz
Thanks Zephyr.

Will give the program a go sometime during the week.
I did find a version already converted to run from disk. But I recollect it would not run with a coco3. Might have to take a look at where it's starting address is.

laters

Briza
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here's a perfect working copy of the original CoCo version.

Regards,
Steve
Attachments
Synther7_COCO.zip
Original Synther 7 for the CoCo
(30.89 KiB) Downloaded 293 times