north sea oil

Looking for a Dragon or CoCo game not already in the archive - Then request it here and hopefully it will either be uploaded to the archive or another member can upload it to this forum.
wgoodf

north sea oil

Post by wgoodf »

i cant quite remember the name of it.

you had to drill for oil in the north sea. it was a sim type game. :?:
Alastair

Re: north sea oil

Post by Alastair »

Yep, that's the name of the game.
If you haven't already found it, the instructions are available here
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... ad&cid=257
and the game itself
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... ad&cid=673
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

bravo that man!
thanks
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

ah!
just noticed its a .cas file - hmm back to sorting out .cas to .wav conversion then.

thanks tho.

back to that pearl script then...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I've converted the .cas to a .wav file and put it in the attached zip file, the wave file loads in XRoar so should load in a real Dragon.

I have also included Dragon Convert (DC.EXE) it's the latest version (4.0) so does not need FIXCAS. Keep in mind that it is a DOS program so is limited to using file names no longer that eight characters, a full stop, and a further three characters in length (you can always alter any file name before and after passing it through DC).
Attachments
North_Sea_Oil_and_DC.zip
(70.31 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

:D

thank you very much - seriously!

aint the web great, much regards to you.
wgoodf

Re: north sea oil - problem

Post by wgoodf »

Hmmm

ok the DC.EXE file did indeed convert the first file i tried, but then failed on every other one i tired.
i opened up the .cas files in notepad and realised that the ones that were failing to load on the dragon after conversion did not have the 128bytes of U as the file header. i then managed to predict from the files i had which would convert because of the presence of the 128byte U header.

so it seems that i still need the FIXCAS.EXE file to sort this out for me. strange that this file should be like gold dust, i can find it anywhere. even the trs-80 site which used to have it does not anymore, what gives?

can anyone email me a copy if the file is in some way black market?!?

all the good dragon files. 'forth' and 'rtty' and all the 'printer' apps need this 128byte header before they will convert.
\
thanx
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

If you download xroar-0.18-tapemangle-windows32.zip from http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/, this might help fix some of those CAS files.

While running, Ctrl+L to attach the CAS you want to fix, then Ctrl+W to specifiy a CAS to write to. The patched XRoar will write out nice long leaders and attempt to keep the bits in sync at a byte level (for a more "readable" CAS).
wgoodf

Post by wgoodf »

sounds clunky!

i will let you know how i get on.
thanks again.
------
i tell ya' for such a quiet forum there are a bunch O helpful folk here!
zephyr

Re: north sea oil - problem

Post by zephyr »

wgoodf wrote:so it seems that i still need the FIXCAS.EXE file to sort this out for me. strange that this file should be like gold dust, i can find it anywhere. even the trs-80 site which used to have it does not anymore, what gives?
Here's a copy of FIXCAS.EXE...
Attachments
fixcas.zip
FixCas v1.0 by Graham E. Kinns
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 370 times