Adventure Trilogy appears to be incomplete

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Alastair

Adventure Trilogy appears to be incomplete

Post by Alastair »

Adventure Trilogy (198x)(Dragon Data Ltd)[!].zip appears to be incomplete. The game attempts to load another program after the first part is completed and this fails because I don't think the .CAS file contains more than one program.

Also, how are you supposed to complete the first task? So far any success I've had has been down more to luck (by repeatedly typing 'A' and occasionally 'F') than to judgement.
munkeyboy

Re: Adventure Trilogy appears to be incomplete

Post by munkeyboy »

The wav that I uploaded was the cleanest copy on the tape (recorded twice on both sides) which is from an original Dragon Data cassette. The wav is complete but I had only checked the game as far as the first part so it could be the quality of the recording?

Here are the instructions from the cassette cover:
Attachments
adventure trilogy instructions.jpg
adventure trilogy instructions.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 13060 times
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thanks for the scan of the instructions, at least I now know that typing F (for fireball) more than twice is futile.
munkeyboy wrote:The wav that I uploaded was the cleanest copy on the tape (recorded twice on both sides) which is from an original Dragon Data cassette. The wav is complete but I had only checked the game as far as the first part so it could be the quality of the recording?
I've downloaded your wave file and will test it to see if it contains the whole game.
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

I have just tested the wav file with xroar and I finally managed to get past the first part of the adventure and the second loaded successfully and took me to a tower leading down to a 3D maze.
So it must be the cas file that is the problem.
Adventure Trilogy 1.jpg
Adventure Trilogy 1.jpg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 13031 times
Adventure Trilogy 2.jpg
Adventure Trilogy 2.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 13031 times
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Yes, with the wave file I've also managed to reach the 3D maze, although I've not been able to get past the first room so I cannot do any further testing.

Anyway, taking the second recording in the wave file I've managed to produce a .CAS file that loads in two different versions of XRoar (see the attached file).
Attachments
Adventure Trilogy (1982)(Dragon Data Ltd).zip
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
Shock Trooper

Post by Shock Trooper »

Hello,

I cannot get the second part of this game to load on my Dragon 32.

I cannot get the .wav file to work at all and the .cas file above won’t work either.

The .cas and .wav files work in the archive but are incomplete.