A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

As a new member I thought I'd post and say hi.

I was given a Dragon 32 when I was about twelve. I remember being fascinated with it and wanting to create my own games. I dabbled with assembly language but never quite managed to finish anything of worth. LOL! I've done various things since, but for the last seventeen years I've worked as an artist in the games industry and have had the pleasure of knowing people like Steve Bak who wrote games for Microdeal back in the day.

Anyway, recently it occurred to me it might be fun to try a bit of 6809 development again and that's when I spotted this excellent website and forum. I'm armed with a copy of the brilliant `Inside the Dragon' but if I get stuck hopefully I can get some expert advice here.

Cheers, Steve.
zephyr

Re: New Member

Post by zephyr »

Welcome to the Dragon forums! :)
Bosco wrote: I was given a Dragon 32 when I was about twelve.
What was the year/month?

Did your Dragon 32 run OK at double speed?
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi zephyr. Thanks for the welcome. :D

Year-wise, it would have been Christmas `82. I only knew one other person who had a Dragon but that didn't bother me. In fact, that one other person was a school friend who wrote Quazimodo published by Cablesoft.

I'm not sure I ever tried running my Dragon at double speed. I think I was fearful it might do permanent damage or something. LOL.
Stig

Post by Stig »

Welcome along ! I'm a new member here myself and I also owned a Dragon as a child and only just getting back in to it again :)
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi Stig.

Yeah, I've got happy memories of the Dragon. Also I thought it'd be interesting to try 6809 programming again, following my limited success at a kid. LOL

I've started an extremely simple game in order learn the basics. All being well I'll post it on the forum when it's finished.
rabia

Post by rabia »

Yeah, I've got happy memories of the Dragon. Also I thought it'd be interesting to try 6809 programming again, following my limited success at a kid. LOL

I've started an extremely simple game in order learn the basics. All being well I'll post it on the forum when it's finished. :o :( :)
anosh
Shock Trooper

Post by Shock Trooper »

Hello,

Both the .cas and .wav versions of Quazimodo have a big graphical glitch on the different guard screens on my Dragon 32. Is there a clean Quazimodo without the graphical glitch?

Also I cannot get Home Base by Cable to run. Is there a special way to run this game, thanks.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Shock Trooper wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:47 pm Also I cannot get Home Base by Cable to run. Is there a special way to run this game, thanks.
CLOADM:CLOADM
Stew
Shock Trooper

Post by Shock Trooper »

Thanks a lot.

I got the .wav file to run, but the .cas file header is not being picked up by my casduino device.

I got an I/O error right at the end of the .wav file but the game did run.
When I play the game for a second time or more, the home base does not appear on screen.
When I reset the Dragon it resets the high scores and the home base appears again on the first playthrough only.