New Member, long time Dragon 32 owner

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
SpaceFlightOrange

Re: New Member, long time Dragon 32 owner

Post by SpaceFlightOrange »

robcfg wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 pm Can I ask you for some nice pictures of both sides of the board?

I just checked and we don't have your board pictured here: http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... d_Pictures

We have the Issue 6 board with the "(P/N 48127)" marking though.
Will do. It might be a couple of days, but i'll pull the board out and get it photographed.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thanks a lot!
moose

Post by moose »

robcfg wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 pm
Regarding means to load software, you can take a look at the CASduino if you want to load tape images, or the DragonMMC, CoCoSDC or Drivewire, if you want to load tape/disk/rom images, either from a SD card or from a modern computer.
Out of interest which of DragonMMC, CoCoSDC and Drivewire would people recommend for a vanilla D32? I'm interested in adding one of these to my machine, preferably with a minimum of internal modification. Longer term I might try upgrading the memory to 64k, and trying Nitros-9, but I'm not keen to wave a soldering iron too near the Dragon quite yet.

Stu
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I’d say that if you don’t want to connect the Dragon to another computer, the DragonMMC and the CoCoSDC are your best options.

Check them, compare their caveats and decide what’s best for your needs. Both are excellent products.
SpaceFlightOrange

Post by SpaceFlightOrange »

robcfg wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 pm Can I ask you for some nice pictures of both sides of the board?

I just checked and we don't have your board pictured here: http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... d_Pictures

Hi

Sorry for taking so long to get around to this. been repairing a Spectrum and, well, playing games on my Amiga :oops:

Will these do?
IMG_4022.JPG
IMG_4022.JPG (3.53 MiB) Viewed 15885 times
IMG_4023.JPG
IMG_4023.JPG (3.98 MiB) Viewed 15885 times
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Those are excellent, thank you very much!
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

SpaceFlightOrange wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:57 pm Sorry for taking so long to get around to this. been repairing a Spectrum and, well, playing games on my Amiga :oops:
... Don't we all do?! :D
I don't play much these days, but I still enjoy listening to the brilliant soundtrack of some games, such as "James Pond 2 - Robocod". Sometimes, I even use some as a background music while working ("longplays" from YouTube are just great for this).

And, by the way, welcome!
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

SpaceFlightOrange wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi

Sorry for taking so long to get around to this. been repairing a Spectrum and, well, playing games on my Amiga :oops:

Will these do?

IMG_4022.JPG
IMG_4023.JPG
I uploaded your pictures to our motherboard pictures page, thanks a lot!