The Emperor Must Die by Phoenix

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
daelectron

The Emperor Must Die by Phoenix

Post by daelectron »

Managed to track down an original copy of this on eBay.

You can get the .wav files on the attached link:

http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/The_Emperor_Must_Die.zip

There are 3 tapes - the Action, Adventure Side 1 and Adventure Side 2.

The Action game works and also Adventure Side 2. However, I think maybe Side 1 is copy protected. The signal seems very strong but for some reason the game crashes after the title screen. Maybe someone on here can fix it (and produce .cas files for all three of 'em).

I'll upload the tape inlay cover and tapes scans tomorrow so someone can add them to the archives.
zephyr

Re: The Emperor Must Die by Phoenix

Post by zephyr »

daelectron wrote:However, I think maybe Side 1 is copy protected. The signal seems very strong but for some reason the game crashes after the title screen.
There is no real copy protection on this game. The loading problem (crash under XROAR fast-tape loading) is caused by an I/O error. Does Side 1 of the original cassette load OK on a real Dragon?
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

Yes, works fine on the real thing.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

The best option would be to make a fresh copy of SIDE 1 to a good quality cassette tape using the attached Duplicas v5 on your real Dragon. Then make a wave file recording from the freshly recorded cassette copy, and upload it here.
Attachments
Duplicas5.zip
(120.92 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

Wow, managed to make a working wav of the Side A of the original cassette on my Acorn Computers cassette recorder as well. The above link now has a working version of every part of this game. Can anyone convert them to CAS?

Here is the front cover art and the inner instructions for this game too. I don't believe this game is anywhere else on the Net! Looks as if it was fairly popular in its day too.
Attachments
Inner Inlay Notes
Inner Inlay Notes
The_Emperor_Must_Die_000.jpg (784.68 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
Front Cover Art
Front Cover Art
The_Emperor_Must_Die_000.jpg (759.29 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

It'll be uploading for the next 5 mins, by the way. Don't try and download it 'til at least 6:00pm. Huge wav files.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here are the converted cas files.

Side A: The security code is "TCHK".
Side B: The bank code is "WHLT". The ten digits are 1215219195.
Attachments
The_Emperor_Must_Die_cas.zip
(90.46 KiB) Downloaded 212 times