Winbond W27C512 EEProm

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
jmdlcar

Winbond W27C512 EEProm

Post by jmdlcar »

I am buying a TL866II Plus Programmer and I was thinking about Programming a Winbond W27C515. If I want to program some EEProm for someone what would be a fair price to charge for doing it plus a charge for the EEProm? I need the price for United States and Canada.

I think 4 banks up to 16k program will fit.

Any help would be great.
sorchard

Re: Winbond W27C512 EEProm

Post by sorchard »

You should be able to get the devices for less than $5 each. Maybe 10pcs for $5 if you're lucky.

The rest depends on what your free time is worth. I've seen commercial rates as low as approx $15 setup + $2 per device programmed. That seems too low to me from a professional perspective but at the same time I couldn't justify paying that much as a hobbyist. It's more cost effective to own a programmer than to pay for programming of more than two or three different devices.

The TL866ii plus is pretty good. I've had it working under Linux without any problems. Programming old unsupported eproms can be a bit of a game but other than that it just works.
Stew
jmdlcar

Re: Winbond W27C512 EEProm

Post by jmdlcar »

sorchard wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:14 pm You should be able to get the devices for less than $5 each. Maybe 10pcs for $5 if you're lucky.

The rest depends on what your free time is worth. I've seen commercial rates as low as approx $15 setup + $2 per device programmed. That seems too low to me from a professional perspective but at the same time I couldn't justify paying that much as a hobbyist. It's more cost effective to own a programmer than to pay for programming of more than two or three different devices.
That why I'm buying one and I just thought I could make extra money.
The TL866ii plus is pretty good. I've had it working under Linux without any problems. Programming old unsupported eproms can be a bit of a game but other than that it just works.
This is the one I'm buying. https://www.ebay.com/itm/XGecu-TL866II- ... SwJ3RatMVW