Retro computer festival

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
phil kruman

Retro computer festival

Post by phil kruman »

Sorry its been so long since I have been on here, but work some times gets in the way.
Anyway, I thought you might like a related video to the Dragon meet at the Center for Computing History in Cambridge as it features a few of your members who displayed at the Dragon meet a short while ago.
Id like to thank the people who displayed their micros at this meeting and the Dragon meet up for taking the time to chat and involve my young son who enjoyed every moment of it.

I will try and post more on here in the future as it is a great community with friendly members.
I hope you enjoy the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZzLxW3zKQ

Phil
robcfg

Re: Retro computer festival

Post by robcfg »

Nice video!

It's a pity that I live more than 1000km away, otherwise I wouldn't miss a chance to go to the museum :mrgreen:

I loved your video on the Dragon Meetup this year too, thanks a lot!
unumlapis

Post by unumlapis »

Yes very nice and thanks for sharing. Wasn't able to go to this event, so this video give a glimpse of what was going on this weekend.
phil kruman

Post by phil kruman »

In glad you liked the video. The Event was really great and not only was the museum a fantastic setting, but members from other museums were very friendly as well. A great day and it even got a thumbs up from my 7 year old. That's high praise indeed.

:D
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Ha, Phil, yet again you videoed me without me noticing! Another great video, thank you. It was a really fun and busy event (not as fun as the Dragon event, of course, but nearly as good). Having 27 exhibitors kept me on my toes as the organiser! I got my D64 successfully running Viewdata software, and logged in to a couple internet based viewdata services (Glasstty and Nxtel) - something I'd tried and failed to demonstrate at our meetup. Discovered what the problem was too - telnet is blocked on the guest wifi network at the museum. Hooked up to the staff network and it all worked perfectly!