BBC Computer Literacy Project 1980-1989

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Sarah

BBC Computer Literacy Project 1980-1989

Post by Sarah »

This archive looks well put together, especially having 267 programmes available to view...
In the 1980s, the BBC explored the world of computing in The Computer Literacy Project. They commissioned a home computer (the BBC Micro) and taught viewers how to program.

The Computer Literacy Project chronicled a decade of information technology and was a milestone in the history of computing in Britain, helping to inspire a generation of coders.

This site contains all 146 of the original Computer Literacy Project programmes plus 121 related programmes, broken down into 2,509 categorised, searchable clips.

* Watch any of the 267 programmes
* Explore 2,509 programme clips by topic or text search
* Find out how the BBC Computer Literacy Project came about
* Run 166 BBC Micro programs that were used on-screen
https://computer-literacy-project.pilot ... dio.co.uk/
Alastair

Re: BBC Computer Literacy Project 1980-1989

Post by Alastair »

Thanks Sarah, this is an archive that brings back many memories.

However these sites should come with a warning, as in, "Danger! Perusing this archive will result in the loss of hours or even days. Do not access unless you are absolutely sure that you can spare the time." :lol:
munkeyboy

Re: BBC Computer Literacy Project 1980-1989

Post by munkeyboy »

Thank you Sarah for posting the link to this site.

Seeing Chris Serle again has brought back a lot of memories, we had a couple of BBC micros turn up at school, but none of the teachers really knew what to do with them, so Chris Serle was my first computer teacher :D (He is in no way responsible for my terrible IT skills, I take all the credit for that :shock: ).